The blind is nearing completion

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Pydpiper

The blind is nearing completion

Post by Pydpiper »

More fun than one guy should have on a Saturday night. :D

We all fit just fine, lots of room, solid as a rock and I have no idea how I am going to move it. :D I need new steel for the roof, the stuff I have here falls a bit short and for the cost of the stuff I may just as well buy some new sheets. All 5 of us fit just fine should that opportunity ever present it's self. A fancy new paint job, a bit few branches screwed on here and there..
I am going to spray foam the cracks to keep the bugs at bay while I am not near it, and insulate it for the times the kids are there in a feeble attempt to keep the noise down. Hopefully the wife enjoys it, my luck she will decide to sit in a tree stand. :shock:

If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
TYE

Post by TYE »

Neat! Been thinkin' bout makin one myself also.
N8tr Boy

Post by N8tr Boy »

Pyd
If you put sheeting on the roof and then put Grace Ice&water shield on the sheeting overlapping every 6" until you get steel it will not leak. Pretty sweet "cabin" in the wood. I recognize the little one from the turkey post. Nice property.
Mark
mikej

Post by mikej »

you did a great job looks good. oe suggestion i would make is to use shingles as opposed to steel its alot quieter when i was using mine that what i found i changed to shingles foud the steel made alot of noise in the rain and the big bucks tended to avoid it just a thought for you . again great job

mike
kendo kid

Post by kendo kid »

Incredible. I hope you have a sturdy trailer. When I was in university I lived in places smaller than that. You could hook up the satellite TV and put it on mute. All th e comforts of home.
The only ex who has a piece of my heart is Excalibur
cdup

Post by cdup »

Judging by the smiles on the little ones, you may end up building another one for their enjoyment as a playhouse. Or they just have that same blood we all have that drives us to hunt. Any how, nice set up. I may be considering the same idea for my little one so we can enjoy the time together , and hunt in comfort.
Respect everyone, but fear no one
deerdhunter

Post by deerdhunter »

Maybe you could put some wheels on it or some 4x4's under it and move the where you want it with a vehicle.
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Well done my Friend 8)
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I am either going to make a 2x8 trailer so I can drag it out with the quad or tractor or I am going to mount the wheels permanently to it, only touching the ground when it is "hitched". Looks like a trip to princess auto is in order.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

I have a stand that is smaller than that, ( 4x8 ) and for the roof, I used a solid sheet of Goodyear rubber roofing. I called a couple of roofing contractors in the phone book until I found one that had some left over from a job and picked it up and no charge. It's quiet in the rain, much lighter that shingles, and is super tough. Here's a picture of my office, laptop and muzzleloader included :wink: . She's 16' hight and very comfortable.

This is a picture of it before the roof was installed and the paint job.

God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
mikej

Post by mikej »

you're right ray the rubber roofing is better and lighter then shingles never thought to mention that but its really expensive unless you're luckey enough to find some like you did. but from my own experiances i found shingles to be a bit quieter then steel. but your idea if the materials are available is better yet its totally up to you pyper
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

raydaughety wrote:I have a stand ... here's a picture ... she's 16' high and very comfortable.
Looks very familiar, Ray! Lots of deer slain out of shooting towers in East NC! 8)

Can't keep one up for the bears on my place ... they like to chew through the stilts and bring 'em down. They've already torn the door and side off of one I put up last year. You just can't have anything made from unprotected wood.

I've got a bunch of used 5-V galvanized that I'm going to use to build some armored stands ... still a (late) summer project! :D :wink:
Grizz
fogducker

Post by fogducker »

looks great..dont forget to include the GPS cords when its set up in your selected hunting spot
if you dont stand behind our troops.
please feel free to stand in front of them
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Pydpiper, if you decide to go with a rubber roof, call or visit a roofer if you can and tell them that the material that your looking for is for a play house which is not being untruthful. It just happens to be your play house :wink: . When I went to pick up my material, I was really surprised at how big his scrap pile was. Again, if you go this route, shoot me a PM and I'll share with you how my family installed my roof :wink: . That's going to be a sweet blind. Like you said about the insulation and such, it will be much more comfortable for the kids if they can move a little bit.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
wabi

Post by wabi »

cdup wrote:Judging by the smiles on the little ones, you may end up building another one for their enjoyment as a playhouse. Or they just have that same blood we all have that drives us to hunt. Any how, nice set up. I may be considering the same idea for my little one so we can enjoy the time together , and hunt in comfort.
My thoughts, too.
You might want to start on another one for the blind, and leave that one for the little ones. :wink: :lol:
wabi