X Act Broad head Troubles

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Vixocette

Post by Vixocette »

The blades on my arrows wont open on impact. 2 new packs of blades with 3 in each and none of them will open using 2219 alluminum arrows on vixen and exocette. I even oiled them and no luck. I would like to use them on monday for bear hunting. May have to resort to long bow with smokeless powder. Help would be appriceated
HW

Post by HW »

Check your target closely. When you pull a mechanical out of a target, it will close back up and apear as though it did not open. If you look closely at the hole in the target you should see the three cut lines from the blades opening.

I have had no issues with premature opening nor has there been an issue with it not opening on contact.
Exocet 175
Boo String (Red&Black)
GT II's
2" Blazers
Slick Tricks
Dan Miller Mount
Vixocette

Post by Vixocette »

when i fire my Crossbow with theese new X act Broad heads they will not open and do not show the three cut lines on my target. I looked and looked. Help please
Rich

Post by Rich »

I'd switch to a new broadhead prior to Monday. I'd wouldn't be able to sit in the stand because I would wonder the entire time if my broadhead was going to work. Plenty of time to try something new. I've had great results with Muzzy, Wasp and Rages.

Rich
mikej

Post by mikej »

i haven't had any problems with spitfires opening with 2219's
wabi

Post by wabi »

Try putting a cardboard box inside a larger cardboard box (to give 4 layers to shoot through), and set that in front of the target (backstop) and shoot through it. That will tell for sure if the blades are opening or not.
wabi
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Set an orange, apple or grapefruit in front of your target and hit it dead center. Do a watermellon just for fun. You will be able to tell for sure.

A mechanical will not show signs of opening on the front surface of your target.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

We have had no problems at all with the X-ACT broadhead not opening. Have you tried to open the blades by hand, do they open smoothly? If they open by hand they will open on impact. If you're still having problems please call me, we will get you fixed up.

Peter
800-463-1817
Vixocette

X act Broads

Post by Vixocette »

Thanks Guys but i fianally fixed them and they work thanks alot guys
Vixocette

Finally Got X act To Work Flawlessly

Post by Vixocette »

Thanks again to all fourm members who offerd tips and Suggestions on field testing X acts, and a special thanks to Peter of EX CAL for the prompt reply and the 1-800 # for EX CAL and also for the number for Kevin at inner LOC. after trying different mediums for a target to test these expandibles i got them to work. i used the filling from an old life jacket, doubled it upand put it in a 3 " card board burger box and attatched another 1" cardboard box to it and put this 2 feet in front of my bag target i spent the better part of this forenoon shooting the exocette and the vixen at this. its very easy to see the entrance hole , as well as 3 clear blade exit cuts i shot approx. 25 arrows each one preformed flawless peter refered me to kevin at inner loc who is a super nice guy to talk to and he assured me they stand behind their product just like ex cal he assured me, to borrow bill t,s phrase quote you just do your job and the broad head will do its .Also i would like to wish all forum members a safe and productive hunting season thank you vixocette& son[/b]