Sarah Palin - Copied from NRA site

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vapredhunter

Sarah Palin - Copied from NRA site

Post by vapredhunter »

Sarah Palin and Joe Biden: Worlds Apart

Friday, August 29, 2008

Even before this week, the difference between Barack Obama and John McCain was clear. For one, McCain joined more than 300 other members of Congress in signing a "friend of the court" brief, in District of Columbia v. Heller, urging the Supreme Court to rule in favor of the Second Amendment and against D.C.'s handgun ban.

Obama refused to sign the Heller brief, and supports reinstituting the Clinton gun and magazine ban. He also supports Ted Kennedy's bill to ban semi-automatic handguns in the guise of "micro-stamping," and supports banning inexpensive handguns as "junk guns."

But now that each candidate has chosen his running mate, the difference is even clearer than before. And when it comes to guns, the two prospective vice-presidents are as far apart as the states from which they hail.

Sen. McCain's running mate, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, is a NRA Life Member and hunter who says, "I support our Constitutional right to bear arms and am a proponent of gun safety programs for Alaska's youth," adding "I have always strongly supported the personal use of fish and game by Alaskans. I grew up hunting and fishing in Alaska, and I am proud to raise my children with this same uniquely Alaskan heritage."

NRA-ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox says "Governor Palin doesn't just talk about supporting the Second Amendment, it's part of her life, and she did her part to vindicate the Second Amendment for all Americans when Alaska joined 30 other states in signing a legal brief supporting Heller's challenge to the D.C. gun-ban."

As for Joe Biden, from Delaware, the Brady Campaign sums it up in a straightforward enough fashion, saying, "Senator Biden has been a consistent supporter of the Brady Campaign," and "Senator Biden was a key player in the fight for the federal assault weapons ban that passed in 1994. He also worked hard for passage of the Brady Law (sic)."

In fact, Biden introduced an "assault weapons" ban in Congress five years before the Clinton gun and magazine ban was imposed. In 1989, Biden's Senate Bill 1970 proposed to ban the Colt AR-15 and eight similar firearms as "assault weapons," and authorize the Secretary of the Treasury (in reality, BATF) and the Attorney General to recommend to Congress any other firearms, regardless of type, to be banned as "additional assault weapons."

As lead sponsor of the Senate crime bill to which the Feinstein gun ban amendment was attached, Biden was instrumental in the passage of the 1994 Clinton gun and magazine ban. Biden reiterated his support for the ban—and, in fact, took credit for authoring it—in response to a question at the CNN/YouTube debate earlier this year (to view the video, please click here).

Biden voted for the ban on a stand-alone vote in 1993, and voted to extend the ban in 2004 as an amendment to the "Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act." He also included a renewal of the ban in his crime bill last year, along with gun show restrictions.

Currently, Biden's S. 2237 proposes to renew the Clinton ban on roughly 200 makes and models of semi-automatic rifles, shotguns, and handguns on the basis of things like the shape of their grips, and on ammunition magazines that hold more than 10 rounds, regardless of the kind of firearm in which they are used.

As if that's not enough, Biden voted against the law that prohibits lawsuits designed to bankrupt law-abiding firearm manufacturers and dealers. He also refused to sign the Congressional brief in Heller, and voted to confirm only one of the five justices who ruled in favor of the Second Amendment in Heller, yet he voted to confirm all four justices who voted against the Second Amendment in that case.

To put it simply, Gov. Sarah Palin would be one of the most pro-gun vice-presidents in American history, and Joe Biden would definitely be the most anti-gun.
[img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f69/vapredhunter/Hunting/yoterun.gif[/img]
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Would you all make up your mind!!! :? First it is Experience that McCain is the best choice because Obama is so young!! Now the Vice President Running mate he chooses is Younger and Her Experiance is {Mayor of a Town of 9,000 and Govenor of Alaska for a WHOLE 2 Years!! :? } If ANY ONE can Believe this Person is Ready to step in and Run this Country You need to THINK LONG and Hard.. :shock: Look at BUSHS Level of Experience and how Screwed up this Country is!!! [Now if you like this party for there stance on GUNS that is Fine :D ] But Please do not tell me this Lady has any Experience TO run this Country :? . She is allso Right now under 2 Ethic investigations in Alaska or is That OK allso. There i Feel Better
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

dick195252 wrote:Would you all make up your mind!!!
Its not about picking the best . Its all about eliminating the worst!

we never have a perfect choice there is somthing always wrong about everyone even myself Im sure.

let your heart guide you not propaganda. you sure cant count on the news to inform you with the truth completely. Its a nasty world we live in anymore and its hard to tell these days who is the better pick.
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :? :?
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
mchurch

Post by mchurch »

Not wanting to offend anyone but I am curious about one thing. Why is it that all the democratic female candidates look like dudes and the republican candidate is an attractive woman? Until I see a letter from a physician that proves Hillary Clinton is a woman.......that's a DUDE :shock:
Excalibur Revx
Hawke Xb 30 pro
16.5 inch wyverncreations.com zombie slayers
SWAT juggernaut broadhead
liaf

Post by liaf »

George H. Bush in 1988 had to appease the "christian right" in order to balance out his ticket so he picked Dan Quayle for VP. Bush was fortunate that he won that election with such an unknown and "poorly" prepped person on the ticket. 20 years later McCain picks another little known politician to apease the christian right in order ot get their support since McCain is not highly trustedin the right wing of his party. She may prove to be an equal when it comes to the debates and this is the time moderates and independents will be won over to the GOP. I believe a much better choice would have been Joe lieberman Independent senator from CT. It would have shown the ability to work across the aisle. REmemberLieberman was the VP choice for the Dems back in 2000. Then again Lieberman would have alienated the "christian right" and they may have just stayed home and not voted because of Joe lieberman's stance on abortion. to me it looks more like an Obama victory come November.
Vortex, Boo String, Zeiss Z-Point --Phoenix, Boo String, Zeiss Z-Point.
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

At least I could afford to buy a gun when Clinton was President. Nope I lost too much over the past eight years to consider a man who hugs GWB. I'm really into Obama's energy plans. If we base our energy plans on electricity and the creation of such with wind, hydro, tide, solar it is a product that can't be exported to China. It will create tons of jobs and lots of research to improve batteries, develop solar, etc. It will create jobs and that's good for our economy. More drilling on costal waters and the oil will be sent to China and we will be stuck with the pollution. Look at these hurricanes... Global warming as a result of fossil fuel usage! No I think Obama is a thinking man vs an elderly dude with malignant melanoma 4X and a backup of a person who was mayor of a town of 8900 and two years as governor. To each and to their own I guess.
Last edited by DrDan on Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phoenix - Equinox
Don't trust anyone wearing a necktie...
DrDan
mikej

Post by mikej »

i don't even get a vote in this and not to pi$$ anyone off but i know who i would be voting for one wants to take our guns the other voted to keep guns and hunts and is a member of the nra enough said as far as i'm concerned just my opinion
mikej

Post by mikej »

notice obamas shoes in the picture above. velcro he's not smart enough to tie his shoes and he wants to be president
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

jh45gun wrote:Grizzly on the couch she shot and killed

She is one of us whats not to like!
I didnt even notice the grizz since I was trying to see those legs LOL... the fact that she's a big time hunter and use to be a model tends to help decide whom im voting for LOL(no those arent the only reasons, but they help LOL)
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

Her 17 year old is pregant, She is getting married tho. Gets COLD in AK.
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

So I do not see where that is Relevent?????????? Yea it is not perfect most parents want to see their kids married before they start having kids but in this day and age its common and if ya think about it ever since humans started having kids this kinda thing has happened. Of course the Democrats and liberals are making an issue aobut it but thats a pretty poor attack tactic. Her Daughter is not running for VP She is there is a difference and even in the best families this sort of thing happens so I really do not see it as an issue It would be a safe bet pick any forum on the internet and there will be folks there that have kids or they themselves have either gotten some one pregnant under the age of 18 and out of wedlock or have become pregnant themselves depending on their gender.[/quote]

Do you think it is "Relevent" that she is being investigated for trying to have her X-Brother-in-Law fired from the AK State Ploice?????????????? I am not a Democrat or a Liberal. As bad as I hate to admit it I voted for both of the Bush presidents and we are in the worse shape I have ever seen. I cast my first President Vote for Nixon in 1960.
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
dougedwards

Post by dougedwards »

One million teenagers get pregnant every year and over a third of those terminate the pregnancy. This young lady made a mistake and is willing to take responsibility by having the child and marrying the father. This isn't 1950 when a pregnant girl was disgraced forever and the child forever considered a bastard.

Mrs. Sarah Palin is a real person. She started her political career at the local PTA. For once we might get a real down to earth person in our government who is not afraid to get her hands dirty. Neither is afraid to stand up to tyrants in government. Yes it will be interesting to see how she fares in debates but either way it is refreshing to see a level headed woman who comes from a family with some problems (much like ourselves if we would admit it) being considered for vice president of the United States. For the past 50 years we have had only millionaires on the ticket to which we could vote. Now I feel that I have a viable choice.

Doug
but you brethren are not of the flesh but of the spirit if indeed the Spirit of Christ dwells within you.....romans 8
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

dougedwards wrote:One million teenagers get pregnant every year and over a third of those terminate the pregnancy. This young lady made a mistake and is willing to take responsibility by having the child and marrying the father. This isn't 1950 when a pregnant girl was disgraced forever and the child forever considered a bastard.

Doug
well said :D

but the truth is no matter who runs for office, someone's gonna find something evil they have done LOL. It's just sad to see some bringing someone's daugther into the mix though. But again, people will do anything to get elected these days LOL
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I'll not hold the daughter against her. However, she is responsible, like it or not. However, this may be a real plus for her. There are millions of families going through this issue as I write this post. I had a cousin that got married at 14 years old because of the same issue. I'll bet everyone here knows someone . . .odds are in favor of it being a family member.

Let those without sin cast the first stone.

This could be a positive.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen