Sarah !

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Oct 2 . . .Palin vs. Biden. If I'm not hunting, I'd like to see that one. :D

I saw where someone stated that Palin got more votes running for Mayor in Alaska than Biden got running for President of the U.S. :lol:

This is intersting now. Before Palin, it was boring. Even sliver tounge Obama was losing my interest.

If I had to decide base on actual political acomplishments, then I'd have a very hard time finding anything to put on Obama's side of the ledger.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

sumner4991 wrote: This is intersting now.
Indeed, it is.

Regardless of the candidate's political leanings, this election is of primary historical significance simply because it includes a black presidential candidate and a woman vice-presidential candidate.

It represents a swelling sea-change in popular American thinking; this situation could not have occured until now, and is a direct result of post Gen-X participation in the election process.

It isn't just this election that is interesting ... the times are interesting. Tides are certainly turning. People our age will live to see wave after wave of "surprises" ... political and otherwise.

Better get a good grip and prepare to hang on, boys. It's gonna be a wild ride, however the chips may fall.
Grizz
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Halfway through Sarah Palin's speech tonight at the RNC, people following the speech noticed she was deviating from the prepared text.

According to sources close to the McCain campaign, the teleprompter continued scrolling during applause breaks. As a result, half way through the speech, the speech had scrolled significantly from where Governor Palin was in the speech. The malfunction also occurred during Rudy Giuliani's speech, explaining his significant deviations from his speech.

Unfazed, Governor Palin continued, from memory, to deliver her speech without the teleprompter cued to the appropriate point in her speech.

Contrast this to Barack Obama who, when last his teleprompter malfunctioned, was left stuttering before a crowd unable to advance his speech until the problem was resolved.

Sarah Palin. Winner
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Can someone tell me what the punishment is for abusing power? This investigation into whether or not Palin abused her power in reference to the ex-brother-n-law. Could it be possible to put Palin into the same jail cell with the guy that bullied me in 7th grade? Oh yeah, he's not in jail . . .could I get someone to investigate my classmate from my 7th grade class to see if he abused his power? Do I have to pay for the investigation?

Seriously, I don't get it. Is what she did a crime, if proven? Or just a character reference on her Bio?

Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Country

Post by Country »

I thinik she did a wonderful job. This is a woman who can think on her feet. My wife was complaining that she didn't say how she was going to fix the world's problems. I don't think this was her place to do that. Her speach was to be an introduction of herself to the American people and she did a great job of it. Presidential and/or party policy is for McCain to talk about. The wife also hates her because she is an NRA member. The next thing I'd like to say is that folks are complaining about her attacking Obama. I think she was more defending herself against the slander coming out of the Obama camp then attacking him. Some things just had to be mentioned like "rural folks clinging onto their bibles and guns" , saying one thing to blue collar workers in Scranton and something else all together in San Fransico and demeaning her tenure as mayor and governor. Obama needs to be taken to task for his out rageous actions and ideas.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I Do!

I accept payment in venison, guns, knives, arrows and booze.
Thanks a lot Mike!

So far, I have a full inbox, some kinda green tinted jerky, a busted Red Ryder BB gun, 2 blade Barlow w/ tip broke off big blade, and a pint of shine.

Please fwd shipping addy asap or no guarantee on shine making the trip.

Yer new partner,
awshucks [note proper spelling]

ps: shine has a peach in it? Should I see if it's still ok?

All nonsense aside, I like Sarah.
"Eze 18:21"
LV2HNT

Post by LV2HNT »

We are in for a ride for sure. Could you stop it though, because I feel a little sick? I guess that Palin's 5 hour rehersal yesterday, with a fake podium and all, helped her to remember her speach so she could improvise when the promter went haywire. You see, she had to get practice because she has never spoken in front of so many people and in such a way before. Again her lack of experience isn't exactly a bad thing to me. Her boss is the bad thing along with their willingness to go start more wars.

I was listening to the radio this morning and they had to highlight her wonderfull ad-lib about the hockey mom and pitbull. It floored me to hear that. It was no ad-lib. She finished her sentance paused and gazed out over the crowd. Then the camera switched to a shot showing the crowd. A person or people then raised their giant hockey mom sign at the perfect moment and the camera zoomed in for a close up of the sign. Then the camera switched from the sign to her and she spit out her little joke. It was completely and totaly staged just like every glimpse we have gotten of her so far. It did tell me something substantial though, that she has no problems with being compared to a pitbull. Just what we need for WWIII!!!
http://washingtontimes.com/news/2008/se ... rael-view/

I don't know if it is true but someone told me that the town she ran and it's miniscule population experienced a four hundred percent increase in crime while she was in office. Something to think about.

Sumner, sadly you are right. Every four years we get to pick our favorite of the clowns. Every four years, things get a little bit worse for our country. Are we going to keep it up untill there is nothing left? The governments new global strategy is to act preemptively and destroy any nation/group that possibly poses a threat even though they have not done anything to harm us. Can we as a people preemptively act to stop this maddness by refusing to play their game untill the rules have been changed for the better and the future looks a little brighter?

DrDan, Sadly I would agree that Obama is not as bad as Mccain but I realy don't see much of a plan except for WWIII and some hollow promises that he has allready trashed with his voting record.

Grizz, You are a great man, as seen in your fair and just ways that show through in all of your posts. I find it hard to believe that she wrote her own speech even though it isn't difficult to regurgitate the same insults and factless opinions that we've heard in the media ever since this race started. I would like to see them write their own speeches with no help at all though. I feel it is the only way to realy know a candidate. If he/she is qualified but not good at speaking, I think people would still put their trust in them if the conclusion of their message was understood and agreed with, no matter how many times they stutter or mess up. I would also like the behavioral experts/ psycologists to go too. I bet there was very little of Palin the person to be seen last night. Everything was probably planned for her, from her dress, makeup, and hair to how she walked out in the begining, how she interacted with the people and then Mccain at the end.

Doug, I agree with most of what you said but it isn't just the left at fault, it is everyone, and that last sentance won't work either because the Nuge is a biggoted stooge.

Mike P and Awshucks, You crack me up. :lol:
A bad day in the woods is better than a good day anywhere else.
Country

Post by Country »

Sarha had a right if not a duty to fire that State Trooper. If you read of any cop acting like this one you would demand it.

Posted by 45gun -

Something I found at another forum. If this is true which I figure it is it shows why Palin is not worried about any investigation about the trooper.

Politics: You'll be hearing a lot in coming weeks about Sarah Palin's "abuse of power" in trying to get a state cop fired. Here's the back story you won't be hearing.

Palin's political enemies have a stink bomb set to go off late in October, just before the election. That's when voters will see fruits of a "legislative investigation" into the charge that the governor fired Alaska's Public Safety Commissioner Walter Monegan because he wouldn't get rid of Mike Wooten, a state trooper and Palin's ex-brother-in-law.

We can see where this is headed. Palin will be found to have done nothing illegal in firing Monegan, since public safety commissioners serve at the governor's pleasure. But the media will frame this case in vague but sinister terms: Think "abuse of power." It will also bury the back story that explains why Palin was so concerned.

So here are some key facts to keep on file (for a full report on Wooten, see adn.com/front/story/476430.html). You may not be seeing much of them from here on:

• Mike Wooten, 35, has been a trooper since 2001. He has been married and divorced four times. One of his marriages was to Palin's sister, Molly McCann, with whom he had two children. That marriage ended in 2006. His behavior leading up to the divorce led Palin's and McCann's father, Chuck Heath, to file a formal complaint about him to the state police.

• Heath and Sarah Palin, who was not yet governor, said that Wooten had threatened to kill Heath — telling McCann that Heath "would eat a f***ing lead bullet" if he hired a lawyer for her. They also charged that he had used a Taser on his own 11-year-old stepson, had drunk beer in his patrol car and had shot a cow moose without a license (the latter a crime in Alaska, where such licenses are not easy to come by).

• The state police investigated these charges and substantiated all of them. Col. Julia Grimes, then head of the Alaska State Troopers, suspended Wooten for 10 days and wrote, "The record clearly indicates a serious and concentrated pattern of unacceptable and at times, illegal activity occurring over a lengthy period, which establishes a course of conduct totally at odds with the ethics of our profession." She warned him he would be fired if he didn't shape up. The troopers' union got the suspension cut to five days.

Now ask yourself this: If you were Sarah Palin and had such a revealing look at Mike Wooten, would you have wanted him on the force? Palin was acting as any concerned citizen should after a close encounter with an unfit cop. If there's abuse of power in this story, it lies on the side of bureaucrats and unions protecting officers whose behavior makes them a danger to the public.

Post by Country »

Keep formost in your minds that the next President might be able to replace two or three sitting supreme court justices. The next Pres will also nominate many appeal court judges as well. This makes this election critical to all gun owners in this country. I hope our side wins because Im not sure if Im going to turn my guns over to some temporary authority so they can be melted down. The saying goes "Out of my cold dead hands". I live that dream.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

LV2HNT . . .Wow . . .you should of run for Pres! This is just a fun past time until hunting season opens. You are taking this way too seriously. Even the guys that delivered my new washer and dryer this a.m. knew that come Nov. 5, they would still be delivering appliances and their lives would go on as normal . . .regardless of who takes office.

Both parties want basically the same thing. We just need to guess who will get the job done in the best manner. Going on history, neither will get enough done to keep the losing party from bashing them as failures in four years.

The delivery guys also knew that policies put into motion today may not show signs of improvement/imploding for 6 +/- years. Long after the genious/fool has left office. One funny thing they said . . .Gore won last time, but, the powers that be(they didn't know who that might be) didn't want him in there, so they just recounted the votes until they got the correct result. I wonder if they are on to something?

The entire political process is just a pep rally for America every four years. Trying to get the people to believe they have a voice. It's a big waste of money.

Corporations run America.

You got to admit . . .Sarah is a hot item. By the way, giving her a hard time about practicing is failure to find a legitimate complaint about her. You want her, just be at peace with that. :lol: :P :twisted:

Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
MADMAX2

Election?

Post by MADMAX2 »

Just in case you want to disscus more BS we are also having an election in Canada FYI :lol: for me it is the leser evil that gets my vote but I did hear we are going to get lower taxes ya right :wink:only the big corporation get that!!
The best things in life are not things!!
Apple_Orchard

Post by Apple_Orchard »

RON PAUL
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Apple_Orchard wrote:RON PAUL
Im voting for the girl in your avatar :D :P

I would like to say that she put alot of hype into the fact that she actaully wrote her own speech unlike many others. I see someone mentioned she stayed in her room writing it. Thats why i give her props since someone didnt have to write it for her!

anyone see her lil girl licking her hand and rubbing the little babies hair down with it LOL :lol:
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Apple_Orchard wrote:RON PAUL
Too bad, but he's toast. As one poster stated about McCain and the war, did a little checking on just how many we've had at:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wa ... ted_States

Here's a count by centuries:

18th [3]
19th [27]
20th [47]
21st [8]

These don't count the wars on:
drugs
poverty
crime
fad du jour

We are the most war like nation on earth, lol. Grrr!! get used to it, ain't gonna change.
"Eze 18:21"
Apple_Orchard

Post by Apple_Orchard »

Mine is a protest vote.

I can't vote for Obama because of his limited experience and anit gun rhetoric, and a vote for McCain would be rubber stamping 4 more years of the Dubya doctrine. This Country can not take another term of bravado, unrelenting hubris and complete disconnect from the middle class, whic has marked the dubya years. He's been an unmitigated disaster for us.

By the way, I'm a Veteran.