The Block® Crossbow Target

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

rrcrc

The Block® Crossbow Target

Post by rrcrc »

Has anyone tryed this target with a Exomax or Equinox?
Normous

Post by Normous »

I have been slaughtering mine for 4 years with the #225. A Cam Buckle strap and sinch tightens the Block after repeated kills.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

The Block is probably the best target I've used for my Exomax. However, it does wear out after some repeated abuse. However, as enormous points out, a strap will prolong it's life. I just started looking for cheaper options.

I was testing a Buckmaster's 180 target for field points. It worked well for about 500 shots. Then I started getting the occasional arrow piercing the divider wall between the front and the back. Once the arrow penetrates past the nock, it's very hard to remove.

My solution . . .I'm using what's left of a foam block(not The Block, but, close in design)for the front target and the BM-180 as a back support. The foam target slows the arrows down and the BM-180 stops them. Works perfect . . .for now.

Scott
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
stubblejumper

Post by stubblejumper »

I bought one last week. It stopped the arrows at around midshaft.
the only problem is getting the arrows out. I had to brace my foot against it to pull the arrows out. I have carbon arrows, I think an aluminum may have bent with the effort required to pull it out.
Is there any lube you can use to ease this problem? Or will it just permit the arrow to penetrate deeper yet still be hard to retrieve?
I purchased my Exomax last fall, and was impressed with how accurate it was right out of the box. My only problem has been getting a decent target that stops crossbow arrows and is easy to remove them.
N8tr Boy

Post by N8tr Boy »

I use it with my Exomax. The arrows only go thru if you group tightly and then not all the way.Do you want to pick up the arrow out of a tree stump, off the ground as it slows down going thru a "cheeper" target or use some elbow work to retrieve the arrow. I like the little pull with a rubber arrow puller. Sometimes you need to pull with foot but I know THE BLOCK works well.
Exomax
GT II Lazer arrows
125gr expandables
White Tiger 2" Blazer vanes
Chartruese Custom Boo string
Stricknine Expandables
Dabbling with Trad 55#
Mathews Q2 60-70#
Beman arrows
stubblejumper

Post by stubblejumper »

I'll have to try the puller. I was just worried that I could weaken or crack the arrows. The Block definitely stops the arrows well, better than anything else I've tried.
HW

Post by HW »

I have the Block Crossbow target and it works well. The arrow do not penetrate past 1/2 way but can be a pain to pull out. Having only one hand to work with I usually sit on it and pull the arrows out. When using broadheads the arrows come out much easier.

I also made a bag target by filling a large feed bag with old clothes and it stops the arrows within the first six inches and if you turn the bag on its side the arrows will fall out.
Exocet 175
Boo String (Red&Black)
GT II's
2" Blazers
Slick Tricks
Dan Miller Mount
saxman

Post by saxman »

stubblejumper wrote:I bought one last week. It stopped the arrows at around midshaft.
the only problem is getting the arrows out. I had to brace my foot against it to pull the arrows out. I have carbon arrows, I think an aluminum may have bent with the effort required to pull it out.
Is there any lube you can use to ease this problem? Or will it just permit the arrow to penetrate deeper yet still be hard to retrieve?
I purchased my Exomax last fall, and was impressed with how accurate it was right out of the box. My only problem has been getting a decent target that stops crossbow arrows and is easy to remove them.
Jig-a-loo works good
Dawn dishwashing detergent
just dip the first couple of inches in it

I saw some field tips on some site thst had a teflon ring on them,supposed to make it easier
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
rrcrc

Post by rrcrc »

I don't mind pulling on the arrow. Thanks for all the information.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

mines taking a beating after 3 years here... the equinox is putting them into her deep, but its stopping them. I just have to vary the holes I shoot at though.

as for pulling out the arrows, I spray silicone spray on the bolts. Makes pulling the bolts out about twice as easy

a easy way to remove them is to flip the target straight up, have a seat and use your weight/shoulders to pull straight up. The more you weigh, the easier this is :lol:
Stash

Post by Stash »

Aluminums actually pull out easier, so bending won't be an issue if you pull straight.

For carbon arrows, try grabbing the shaft at the fletching and twisting - this will "break" the hold and make the arrow easier to pull. Probably not a good idea with broadheads, though, unless you twist counter-clockwise.
kyteach

Post by kyteach »

The Block and my Exomax go together like salt and pepper, like ..... Well you get the picture. Mine has taken a beating. Still doing well.
Exomax
Groundpounder mount
Boo Custom String
rrcrc

Post by rrcrc »

Target works great.....Thanks for the information.