Cudde back no flash

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

rickyp

Cudde back no flash

Post by rickyp »

I know some of you all have a Cudde Back noFlash game camera.
I went out and bought one last night and am having some issues with it and hope some of you can help or at least let me know what is going on.

The first and main thing is that when I put the battery's in it comes up like they say it should. everything is fine as long as the camera isn't moved. but once I move the camera the batterers loose contact and goes blank and some times it will not come on until I remove the batterers and replace them.

I set it up this morning and while trying to set it up the batteries keep falling down and loosing contact so I had to set the camera up then use a strap to mount it to the tree, I am not sure yet if it stayed on or lost power. I will find out this evening when I go hunting.

From time to time the batteries show 75% then other times they show 100% the batteries are new right out of the package.

I have 2 C.F. cards one is a 64 MB and the otter is 128 Mb how many pictures can I store on them? I am thinking about using the 128 for normal use and swapping out the 68 MB while I download the 128 card then swap them back.
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

I don't have any experience with the no flash model, but I have a couple Experts. They have the same design. I think your battery problem is that your not getting the metal battery plate in far enough. If you don't have the plate pushed back far enough the batteries sag or just fall out. I have 1 GB CF's and i'm told they can hold 800 to 1200 pictures. If you ever get another or more compact flash cards look to ebay. I've bought all mine from there about 25% the price as buying them from a retail store. Hopefully this helps. I think once you get the bugs worked out you will LOVE it.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

ive got the excite and it worked great the first year... now it wont save the picture. It saves, but its a blank image that wont show up. Cuddeback said to send it back, but its not under warranty and will end up costing 80-100bucks I think. So right now its setting here worthless

im done buying trail cameras since I have bad luck with them :evil:
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

crazyfarmer wrote: im done buying trail cameras since I have bad luck with them :evil:

Wanna Bet?
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

The battery compartment has been an issue with some model cuddebacks for awhile now. My daughters boyfriend has one and works at gander and told me this to be true. He wedged his up with something to keep them from loosing contact.
rickyp

Post by rickyp »

I just got the camera back out of the woods this afternoon.
It had 2 pictures one at 9 am and the other at 10 am and nothing in the picture to trigger it

I think The battery issue is user error. I didn't put the metal tab under the lip

I am going to try it tomorrow at the fire house. We have a lot of marines that stand post right outside the station and are in and out all day. maybe I can get some funny pictures/
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Mike P wrote:
crazyfarmer wrote: im done buying trail cameras since I have bad luck with them :evil:

Wanna Bet?
sure:) i just spend the money n other hunting stuff now thats user friendly

allthough I did think about buying the capture model they have out now.. but that model will sell for 125(189 now) or so this spring :lol:
rickyp

Post by rickyp »

the battery issue is taken care of I think.
But now. while I am playing with the buttons or even the camera is sitting for a few minutes the display goes blank and when I touch any button the little red LED comes on and none of the settings I put in saved or the camera wont take a picture.

This is brand new out of the package less then 24 hours ago so are the batteries. the meeter goes from 75% to 100% from time to time
rickyp

Post by rickyp »

crazyfarmer,

Going trought cuddeback's website tryying to figurre out why this is doing these strange things I saw you can send your old camera in for a trade in value so you can upgrade.