Post by mikej »

glad you're home ray. wishing you a speedy recovery
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Nice to see your Home, Get well Quick :!:
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
maple

Post by maple »

Glad to hear you are on the mend Ray. Take it easy buddy, no need to rush.

Maple
Old Buck

Post by Old Buck »

:D Glad to see all is going well. Welcome back. :D
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

glad your home ray. i hope and pray you get better very soon.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

Ray,

Glad you are home and I hope that the feeling has returned and that pain is greatly diminished,or gone. I hopethat you heal qiuckly and well and get out into the great outdoors when you feel well enough.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Hope all's well for ya Ray!
"Eze 18:21"
LV2HNT

Post by LV2HNT »

Glad you are back!
A bad day in the woods is better than a good day anywhere else.
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

I'm still having to take the medicine but hate to because of the possibility of addiction. So, even though I don't like it and have never been successful at hunting from a ground blind, I have no choice but to change the way that I hunt. It's just a matter of time before I put myself and Tyler in a bad position. I have no confidence while hunting from a ground blind because I've been busted EVERYTIME if tried hunting from the old blind that I have. It's a Ameristep Doghouse blind and it seems to have a warning beacon on top of it. I won't say that I've never killed a deer from a blind but they have always been with a rifle and at a long distance. So if you guys have any tricks up your sleeves, I'd appreciate a lesson from you. I'm sorry if I'm not making sense but I'm under the influence right now. Again, I really appreciate the kind words and you all praying for me and my family during these hard times.

BTW, if anyone knows where I can get a couple of ground blinds pretty cheap, please let me know.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

Natural Ground Blinds are the ticket Ray. I have killed quite a few from Mother Natures contributions. Old blow downs brushed in and old grown up fence lines. What type of area do you Hunt? Standing Corn is great. A row of round bales is just as good. Or in the woods piled up half rotten timbers. When you are a ground hunter like myself, you learn to improvise. I have killed some at 5 yards out from natural blinds with my verticle bow. It all depends on what type of area you hunt I guess.
Woods, Farms, Grown up fields?
Big John

b

Post by Big John »

Glad your back home Ray. :)
If there is one place we need to be when we are not well, is Home!!!
Take care for while, then have fun. Tyler can run the hunting part for you. :)
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Golden Eagle wrote:Natural Ground Blinds are the ticket Ray.

Golden Eagle hit the nail on the head Ray. I have watched the actions of bucks and ground blinds for a long time. You may get a two year old near a manufactured ground blind but in my opinion you are not going to get the wall hanger within shooting distance. If you need the comfort of a commercial blind then I suggest you build a natural blind completely around it leaving little exposed of the commercial blind.

I have watched some of our large bucks and their actions even during spring turkey season from our commercial blinds (Double Bulls) and they stand at a distance and stare at you as if to say "who you trying to kid."
Rich

Post by Rich »

Welcome home Ray, hope you have a speedy recovery. If you need to get Tyler in the woods, send him on up to VA, we'll get him on some deer.

Rich
Allan

Post by Allan »

Welcome back Ray,

I also agree with golden Eagle, natural ground blinds are best. If you have large diameter trees, they work well also. Just be sure to clear all debris and leaves away, so they don't crunch when you walk around the tree. I had a 1 and a half year old buck walk right past the tree I was standing behind. I wondered what the crunch was on the other side of the tree, when suddenly this head came popping out. I had to wait for him to pass before I could lift the he crossbow.

If you place anything new (portable ground blind) in the area, do it as soon as possible and let the deer get used to it before you hunt in it, otherwise it is a beacon shouting "LOOK HERE"!
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

We discussed natural ground blinds yesterday, Ray ... but you may not remember, as you were on the "good stuff"! :wink:

Here in East Carolina where we live, guys, it's not so much a matter of building a natural blind ... it's more a matter of cutting one out of the brush!

We've got the THICK STUFF around here, boys!

Natural hides are not a problem ... finding a clear spot to shoot into is! :D :D
Grizz