Thermacell??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

one shot scott

Thermacell??

Post by one shot scott »

Has anyone used the mosquito repellant called thermacell (thermacell i think)? I was chased out of the woods early by the pests right around prime time because I was loosing too much blood! I think these things burn butane. could it repell deer too?
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

yes thermacell works great..I used it this eve..had them all over me down in the bottoms and I fired up my thermacell and as soon as it started smokin they left completly...about 15 minutes later saw a doe about 40 yds from me upwind and 2 youngins with her...YES if they get down wind of you they will pick it up BUT I gaurantee you if they get down wind of you and you aint useing it they will pick you up..There is no out doing that deer nose..play the wind use your thermacell youll do fine..

Hoss
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
canadiancaller

Post by canadiancaller »

worked great in turkey bear and moose season!!!tried last night deer hunting and had does and fawns at 30 yards...bucks might be another story though!!

Good luck hunting!
"whack em' and stack em'"
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Thermacell works very well . It is a Bear hunters best friend .
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

I love my Thermacell!
Why ride when you can walk!
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Here in East Carolina, it's typically breezy, or even windy (there was a reason the Wright Brothers came here).

Of course, our mosquitos can operate in tropical-storm force winds just fine! :? :evil:

Does the Thermacell have the same effect in less-than-calm conditions?

Anybody have any experience using one in breeze or wind?
Grizz
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I too use the thing a whole lot.
Wind or a breeze.. I set it just upwind if I am sitting down and it works fine. Too much can mess up the way the smoke flies, but still works OK.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
cdup

Post by cdup »

I wouldn't go into the bush without it down here in the swamps of Louisiana. I would have never believe how good it was until I tried it. It's a must have. You won't be disappointed! :wink: :D I wouldn't be able to make majority of my hunts because I don't like bathing in off. The way I look at it, I'll take my chance of getting busted by a deer than getting ate up by these mosquitos down here! Can't kill a deer sitting in the lazy boy. :D
Respect everyone, but fear no one
saxman

Post by saxman »

I use it and it works
The only advice I have is to fire it up in you vehicle,they make allot of noies to start them,at least mine does
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
mtbyak

Post by mtbyak »

I own 3 of them my family won't go out without them.

I also have one of the lanterns that works well to keep the bugs away but don't expect to be able to see anything with it :shock:

Shoot Straight
Kirk
A bad day hunting, is better then a good day of work
M&M

Post by M&M »

I have 2 of them one for me and one for my boy they work great and don't spook the deer it doesn't get any better than that. M&M
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

TIP------------> The blue pads seem to last longer than the fuel or some times you just need more.. go into the health and beauty aids area of walmart and look for the little bottles of fuel that they use in the portable currling irons..ITS the same as thermacell fuel bottles.They are cheaper than thermacell fuel cells... :wink:
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
fishnbugdude

Post by fishnbugdude »

I wear mesh - something about sitting in a cloud of burning pesticide bothers me.

I have spent over 15 years in the pest prevention business (like pest control but more professional) and have seen my fair share of chemicals. I wear personal protective equipment at work - I would not sit in a cloud of burning pesticide at work and will not during my days off.

I hunt bear - worked for the Ministry of Natural Resources outside of Timmons and seen bugs. I would rather dress for them then sit in chemicals.
flbuckmaster

Post by flbuckmaster »

I cant believe everybody is not using these.....They have been on the market for more than 5 years.

jay
Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.
saxman

Post by saxman »

I went to their web site and suggester they make a silent start model for hunters.
MINE IS LOUD!!!!! to start
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011