Caught me at a bad time - UPDATE-SOLD

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

raydaughety

Caught me at a bad time - UPDATE-SOLD

Post by raydaughety »

Some of you may recall that from time to time I have gotten some incredible deals on hunting stuff from employees that are in a tight. Well, I'm the one that got caught in a tight last night. I got a call from an employee that had to pay his child support payment by 5:00 this afternoon and needed the cash. He went on to explain that he had bought a new Muzzleloader this year and would have to let it go to make the payment to avoid getting locked up. The problem is, I'm having to pay cash for my epidural injections and really don't have any cash to spare right now so I told him to not even tell me what it was. He said ok and hung up the phone. A little later another employee called me and said, Ray can you believe that Jamie is selling that brand new Triumph for $200.00 cash :shock: . I've tried to explain to Tina that this isn't just another gun but rather an investment, it didn't fly :cry: . How can a guy go out and spend almost $500 on a gun like this and then sell it 2 weeks later for $200.00? Hard times are hitting everyone I guess. I could get it but I'd be in a heap of trouble if my doctor called and told me to come in for the injection. Oh well, one's health comes first I suppose. If anyone wants to capitalize on this incredible deal, call me at 252-633-2414 and send the funds via paypal and I'll secure the gun for you. Though he may have already sold it. I'll check when he comes in.

Update: I just called the job site because a few of you called me inquiring about the gun but it has been sold. Somebody jot a sweet deal.
Last edited by raydaughety on Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Well Bob, While I agree with what your saying, I have to say that these guys are very irresponsible with their money. He took that money that he was suppose to pay his child support payment and used it on a gun to hunt a week long season and not with the possibly of going to jail he's selling it for much less that he paid for it. If he would have bought a used one or a $150 muzzleloader, he would have this problem but he had to go out and buy the newest gun on the market, which he couldn't afford to start with. Most of these guys put their "wants before their "needs". I've given them they're paychecks on Friday only to have them show up at my house on Saturday wreaking the smell of alcohol and wanting to borrow money to pay the rent or light bill. You know the kind. :roll:
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Benu

Post by Benu »

Easy credit and a consumer based society lead to todays financial worries. We have no one to blame but ourselves, although advertising and the credit companies certainly did make easier for lots of us to live outside of our means. I think this financial down turn will be good for us. To get back to what is really important, our lives. Not big screen tvs, suvs, mp3s, cell phones, text msgs, blackberrys, and huge houses full of useless junk. So as we move forward into times when some of cannot keep what we never could afford to begin with, remember that at least we are free. Free to decide for ourselves. To make our mistakes. To learn from them. And to improve the lives of future generations. Education is the key. It is sad that all through school, the one thing you could truly benefit from learning is personal finance, and it is never taught.

Just my thoughts on a totally non crossbow related topic, unless of course you are selling a Y25 cause you can't make payments. Hope your friend finds a buyer Ray, and I am glad to hear you are staying healthy.
Take it easy.

Jason

2008 Phoenix
Varizone Scope
Curdog

Muzzleloader

Post by Curdog »

Hello, Ray, enjoyed our talk, hang in there, your sugar will get better as you go, I know you will stay after it, bless you and your family. Curdog.