Treestand bandits strike again

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I leave my 125 pound 2-person stand in the woods year round. I really wish someone would do me a favor and steal it. :lol:

Just kidding.

I have my name and telephone number engraved on the front of the platform at the top of the ladder. You can't climb into the stand without noticing it. It won't stop someone from stealing it, but I think it helps.

I have left a cheap climber overnight before, but I also have it secured with a bike cable and lock. I've never left my best climber overnight.

DuckHunt
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Adrian J Hare wrote:Just out of interest , do you chain and lock these stands that are stolen ?

becarefull putting your SIN no. on stands, but mark them that only you know where the mark is.

The stand was chained, but not locked. They must have seen the chain and thought it was padlocked. the ladder was a 3 seperate peices and it was not chained. I found it hard to lock the ladder down, however I will find a way next time.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Bluefish024

Post by Bluefish024 »

I just purchased a Timber Tall Baby lite climber.. A freind just had 2 of his stolen this year.. Some poeple can be real A-hole's...
Phoenix for Mrs/ Exocet 200 for me
Vari-zone / CompM3 Aimpoint
Boo strings
STS systems
New and improved,,,,kiss of death bolts...
rickyp

Post by rickyp »

how do you know it isn't a tree hugger? if you can not hunt from your stand you cant hunt a deer.

are you are sure the stand was stolen and not confiscated by a norther hunter that isn't aware you have permission to hunt?

it may or may not be the case but is it food for thought.

If you have a ladder stand it is easy to secure them all you need is a sheet of ply wood.
cut two strips the with of the ladder put a few holes in for the chain then secure the ply wood strips to the front and back of the ladder, no one will be able to climb the ladder or at leas have to work real hard to
Mike P

Re: Got hit last week

Post by Mike P »

Petersen wrote: Maybe I'll invest in a climber next year.
In my opinion that investment will pay yearly dividends as you will see more deer then you ever did out of a fixed stand.
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Bluefish024 wrote:I just purchased a Timber Tall Baby lite climber.
You will love your TimberTall. I wish I could fit into a baby lite, but I am just way to big. I do use a brute lite.

They are so nice to carry. The Baby Lite is like having nothing on your back.

As I said in the post above, you will see more deer with climbers as they allow you to move.

The best time to shoot a big buck is the very first time you hunt a given area.
sjohn464

Data Dots

Post by sjohn464 »

Anyone heard of Data Dots. Microscopic information is on a little dot about the size of a pin head. You can mark all your stuff, it's hard to tell it's there unless you know to look for it. I'm not sure of the cost though.
steve