Appearance in public?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Do you change out of your hunting attire before being in public?

I hunt from home so I don't have to travel anywhere wearing in my camo/blaze orange.
15%
I wear my camo/blaze orange only from home to hunt and back again making no stops along the way.
16%
I wear my camo/blaze orange when I stop for gas, coffee, breakfast, etc.
44%
I change into my camo/blaze orange only when I get to my hunting location.
25%

Total votes: 55

VixChix

Appearance in public?

Post by VixChix »

I know many of us will wear camo as a fashion statement, but how many of us change out of our hunting clothes when we leave the fields?

Also wondering if you do change, why?

How many of us are concerned with what other people think when they see us in our hunting clothing.

Do we....
...wear it to aid us in our pursuit of game only?
...wear it as a symbol of our passion for the outdoors?
...take it off a.s.a.p. so that people don't associate us with the kind of hunters we don't want to be mistaken for?
...not care what people think as we have the right to wear it and wear it proudly?
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
MrBigSticks

Post by MrBigSticks »

Well i wear lacrosse alpha burly rubber boots and scentlock that i keep in my truck in a rubbermaid tote hopefully scent free unless i forget to shower lol
Team: heartstoppers
exocet 200, hawke luminated reticle scope,cow whacker bolts and 125gr slick tricks
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I wear a Remington hat almost daily, my work winter coat is Real Tree hardwoods, but my hunting clothes only see the woods and my truck, I only do that for scent reasons.
I went to Wall Mart one day wearing only a camo thong, got lots of funny looks, darn anti hunters!
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
ninepointer

Post by ninepointer »

The only time that I am in hunting attire is when I'm actually hunting or going to/from my hunting areas. If hunting close by, I hardly ever need to stop for gas, etc. I don't have a problem dropping in at a business while wearing my hunting clothes, its just that I'm usually gassed up, fed & ready to hunt! :)
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount
MrBigSticks

Post by MrBigSticks »

lmao at pydpiper i bet you got some looks at walmart
Team: heartstoppers
exocet 200, hawke luminated reticle scope,cow whacker bolts and 125gr slick tricks
Fishn-Hunter

Post by Fishn-Hunter »

I also keep all my hunting cloths and boots stored in scent proof bags. They are opened outside my vehicle and put on outside prior to walking into my stand. Infact I have a seat cover that is kept scent fee as posible in a scent proof bag that I only put on the seat of my truck after I have showered in scent free body wash too go hunting and is removed for everyday driving. Maybe over the top but as far as I am concerned there is no such thing as being too scent free. Wearing my hunting cloths all over the place just seems silly, I am a proud hunter but I do not believe I need to prance around in my hunting garb to prove it. Just my opinion.
Fishn-Hunter
Family, Friends, Huntn & Fishn
BigUgly

Post by BigUgly »

For me it depends if I'm just grabing something on the way home nope not changing but if I'm done for the day yes I will change as I don't want to stink up my camo. I do have a few old camo shirts thou that are worn year round.
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

I change into my hunting clothes before I walk in. All my gear I keep in containers till I hunt.
In the begining of Sept I hang my clothes out side to air out. I let them get rained on. The last two weeks when they get dried out I put large garbage bags over them till I can go hunting.
Exocet 175#
Easton, 2216
2"vanes
G5 Montech 125g.
Boo String.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

at this time i hunt in the back yard wood lot or down the road a 1/4 mile on abit of land i got permission to hunt on. so thats the only time i wear my camo clothing
Last edited by vixenmaster on Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
TPM

Post by TPM »

I went to Wall Mart one day wearing only a camo thong, got lots of funny looks, darn anti hunters!
I think if you had accessorised with a blaze orange vest and a camo hat people wouldn't have been so appalled.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

ninepointer wrote:The only time that I am in hunting attire is when I'm actually hunting or going to/from my hunting areas. If hunting close by, I hardly ever need to stop for gas, etc. I don't have a problem dropping in at a business while wearing my hunting clothes, its just that I'm usually gassed up, fed & ready to hunt! :)
I hunt within 3 miles of home.
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
brokebow

Post by brokebow »

It may sound crazy but I want to be buried with my best camo.My wife said sure you wll. I told her that if she didn't I would haunt her.
Jerry
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

I wear my hunting cloths and make my stops on the way home. but owning my own Gas and duct cleaning company I don,t go to work in hunting cloths. In my town we have a big military base so camo cloths are seen around town everyday and no one pays attention to it. Just getting into bow hunting I am looking forward to wearing my hunting cloths more often cause I spent alot of money on them just to wear them for one week of rifle season. Rifle season now will never be as inportant to me as it once was. Nothing excites me more now of the though of getting my new crossbow and going hunting and seeing no one else in the bush and just quite.
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

I too Hunt mostly out my back door, but hunting attire is the norm around here. even at the malls and especially the younger crowd.
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

I change into the hunting camo at the location but that is because of scent not because how people perceive me .After all Mo you have seen the way I look during hunting season . :shock: