Does anyone else vacuum pack their venison?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

scratcherky

Post by scratcherky »

We use a $10.00 Rival my wife found new at a yard sale!
Man and man's best friend still looking at the green side of sod.
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

Sure. I tried it for the first time last year. Now I wouldn't dream of doing it any other way. It lasts longer and its quicker. I use a foodsaver as well.

DuckHunt
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I have borowed a food saver and it did the job well. I read up on them since and discovered that there are some fairly common problems with them. Bass Pro sells a heavy duty one for a decent price. When It comes to sealing a dear or two a year the extra $ spent now you wont regret later.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
saxman

Post by saxman »

I will have one by next season along with other processing goodies if I can find them at GREAT prices
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
spitfire125

Post by spitfire125 »

MY WIFE HAS A SEAL A MEAL AND IT WORKS GREAT
dschnarr

Post by dschnarr »

I used the rival one the cheapest one. I did 2 deer with it in 2 days last week.
brokebow

Post by brokebow »

I vacume pack all my deer ,steaks, burger, roast and the good part of this is that if you use a little more bag,I buy the rolls that you seal and make the size bag that you want,you can use them over quite a few times,with out the bag being runed. I love it . Also I bought a hd one that cost about 3 times what a cheep one does.I is worth the money. Jerry
Jerry
maple

Post by maple »

I use a bag sealer and a piece of aquarium tubing.

The sealer is from ULINE ($125) and seals any bag. The tubing I use to withdraw the air from the bag with a single breath and -ZAP-, she's done.
brokebow

Post by brokebow »

Maple,I am not saying that the cheep one isn't any good. My wife works a Cabelas and we get a discount on all that good stuff so we bought the very best one that they had . But I was told that if you do deer as much as I do it is a good investment. I have done 2 deer this year ,and plan on doing 2 more if my luck holds out. Jerry
Jerry
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Hey bob yes i do vacum pack and double seal..got my rig at wally world...Oh crap its getting late suns about to pop.. gotta get to the woods fellas take care bob..
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

I have always just packaged in freezer bags, squeeze out all the air, then wrap in freezer paper. Will last almost two seasons that way. Although, most of it hits the grill before the following October :D .
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I triple pack in sarah wrap being careful to remove all air bubbles, then I double wrap in butcher's paper. It stays fresh and I've had no problems with freezer burn.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Kinda like grinding me bstout. I used to use a hand grinder and this year I purchased an electric one. WOW :shock: , I could do an entire deer in about a 10th of the time. Down side is that I may be getting a bit lazy :oops: .
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

ecoaster wrote:Kinda like grinding me bstout. I used to use a hand grinder and this year I purchased an electric one. WOW :shock: , I could do an entire deer in about a 10th of the time. Down side is that I may be getting a bit lazy :oops: .
Where and how much??? I need one!!!
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

No problem this year yet - since there's been no deer to process. :?
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.