Advise needed(decision made, thanks for the input everyone)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wheelie

Advise needed(decision made, thanks for the input everyone)

Post by wheelie »

make no mistake i love my xbow but I was at a friends house today and last Christmas his son wanted and got a PSE Viper Rattler. His son shot it 3 times and it has sat for 8 months untouched. He now wants to sell it cause he has no licence and just doesn't want it. My dad wants to borrow my exbow from me and I don't want to lead it but my Dad is so wonderful I can't say no. Can't Afford a second xbow but what you think a fair price for the PSE would be worth. I don't want to feel bad if it breaks cause I have read about there customer service. This way I could just leave it at his home to use thanks
Last edited by wheelie on Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

hunter 740

Post by hunter 740 »

I use to own a pse crossbow,it shot hard[plenty of power]but the trigger was terrible.I also shot pse vert bows for years and I liked them.I never had any complaints about their customer service at all.They were prompt never asked any questions and always took care of my needs.I think their customer service is great,like excalibur you call and they will do their part.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

i went to ebay and they showed new one's as a pkg. for $319 + shipping. just how how much the man may take i have no idea. make and offer you can always go up but not back down. start at $200 and work up. personally $250 would be my max as for another 75 i would get a vixen
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

kinda along of my thinking. Would much rather has a vixon if it went that high. Might just tell him to take it back where he bought it and see if they give him more than I am willing. I don't want to offened my friend though.
Will see him tomorrow. If the bows are bought in US they seem to be 100 dollars cheaper there than they are up here in Canada. he has the loader and the case and the whole kit and kabottle for it. thanks for comments all are appreciated cause I am not sure I even want it. Might have to give my Dad a red wagon to tow it on cause it is heavey LOL
Benu

Post by Benu »

These guys make a real inexpensive xbow and I think I saw mention of free shipping. The xbows are manufactured by the same company that makes some of PSE bows, according to the FAQ section. I looked at them before I got my Phoenix. The price is certainly good, especially just for an introduction to xbow hunting or practice.

http://www.canadacrossbow.com/index.php?pr=Crossbows
Take it easy.

Jason

2008 Phoenix
Varizone Scope
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I would simply wait until next season, save a little money and buy the Vixen. It's a great shooting crossbow.

Better yet . . .win the Vixen in the photo contest!! :D
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
pokynojoe

Post by pokynojoe »

I would agree with the others that responded. Save your money til you can buy your dad the bow he wants (presumably one like you have.)

In the mean time son, loan your dad the bow. There's lot's of bows in the world, but you only have one Dad. Take it from me, Dads are a lot harder to replace than bows are. :lol:

Good luck
Joe
mikew

Post by mikew »

pokynojoe wrote:In the mean time son, loan your dad the bow. There's lot's of bows in the world, but you only have one Dad. Take it from me, Dads are a lot harder to replace than bows are. :lol:
Well said!!
-Mike
Benu

Post by Benu »

I agree, lend your dad your bow and save up to get him an excalibur next year. Good things are worth the wait. I don't know what I was thinking referring you to that other company, maybe I was only thinking of price and not quality. That was the very frugal (a polite way to say cheap) side of me in play.
Take it easy.

Jason

2008 Phoenix
Varizone Scope
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Appreciate your comment Benu. I will personally never leave Excal crossbows but I value your opinion. Nice to know parts are availible for them. If he sells it to me cheap I will tell him to take it where he bought it and maybe they will give him more than I am willing, Already told my wife I wouldn't pay even close to a vixon. If he wants a couple hundred for it well will have a second to lend out.
frisky

Post by frisky »

I bought a PSE Viper Copperhead package arrows ect for $150 us in 2005, NEW. It only had the peep pin sight w/it. I thought it was a lot of bow for the money. Yes it is HEAVY,but the Excal isn't light either..
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting