enough space

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

warningshot

enough space

Post by warningshot »

guys have set up next to me on 1 acre of property including buildings on lot ...is this enough space to hunt on ....i would think if a deer was shot it would land on the parcel i'm hunting on ...do i say something ...there is circumstances where a deer would end up on somebody elses property ...but these guys don't seem to concerned .....
mikej

Post by mikej »

if they are on their own property there isn't much you could say
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

Where I live you can't go on another person's property for any reason without permission. Very large fine for trespassing.
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

your land has to be posted, but still the others should ask for permission to track anything they shoot on their land which falls on yours. Here if it falls on posted land, we have to get the game warden there just for a peice of mind to get the deer back.

But if you dont have posted signs, put them up;) Here if you dont have your land posted, you still have to have verbal permission to hunt on it. If its posted, then you must have written.

but its their land, they can do what they want on it:)
NativeHunter

Re: enough space

Post by NativeHunter »

warningshot wrote:guys have set up next to me on 1 acre of property including buildings on lot ...is this enough space to hunt on ....i would think if a deer was shot it would land on the parcel i'm hunting on ...do i say something ...there is circumstances where a deer would end up on somebody elses property ...but these guys don't seem to concerned .....
There are always circumstances where shot deer can end up on other property. The laws where you live are your first guide. For example, here in Virginia, you can enter on unposted land with verbal permission. You can only enter on posted land with written permission. Posted means signs clearly stating posted or paint marks as specified by the law. There is no automatic right to enter another's property to retrieve downed game.
Robert Gray
www.pamunkey.net
www.mpra.org
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

Kelley wrote:Where I live you can't go on another person's property for any reason without permission. Very large fine for trespassing.
Here doesn't have to be posted. Verbal permission is all that is needed. No permission, large fine.
Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire