EXOMAW NOT FIRING WOULD NOT COCK revised

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Vix you diplomatic gardener you!

Your olive branches are always of the finest quality.

It is nice to know we can always count on you to rein in the testosterone and make the boys all play nice together. :wink:
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

I am sorry you feel that way jamie. I was being very sincere.

And jamie, no one twisted what you said.

You say you never meant to "demean" Excalibur but that is precisely what you did. The fact that you cannot see this when everyone else does should tell you something. No one here misconstrued what you said. You made your feelings most clear.

Call me arrogant, that is fine. In the listings of items I have been called in my life, that one actually falls under the category of compliments. I will not reciprocate.

It is my hope that you remain here in the forum as a valued member and contribute your experiences while hunting with your crossbows.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Mike - you made me laugh!

Seriously though guys - this is a great place with a lot of really good people. And hey, it happens that sometimes people run off at the fingers and then others point out issues and then suddenly the initial problem is forgotten and there are a whole new set of issues... and... and... and... it compounds. :?

So, come on, Jamie, say you maybe goofed just a bit in your first post. I think that`s really all the rest of the guys are looking for. Most of us have stood in your shoes at one time or another - either on this forum or at some other point in our lives. It sux. But hey, everyone is human and reacts in frustration at some point.

Don`t throw in the towel because of this. There`s too much good stuff that you`d miss out on (including reading Mike`s posts on those days when you can`t get out and hunt yourself. :lol: )
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
cdup

Post by cdup »

If I were you D-JAM, thank goodness I'm not, the criticism you slung out there would be hard to defend. The more you reply, the worst it sound. Take a moment to calm down if a problem occur before you hit the new topic button so quickly next time. Take your licks like a man, and apologize. Go ahead, you'll feel better. :lol:
Respect everyone, but fear no one
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

:) In all honesty it happens even to the people whom are suppose to know better . :lol:
One time I was out got to the tree stand ,went to cock the bow and the catch pushed the trigger down but the spring couldn`t push it back up.It would have made quite the comical sight here is this grown man blowing into his trigger unit to get it to cock that one time .For I knew full well it was a one time deal unless I huffed and puffed again. :lol:
So my point is if you get moisture in the trigger unit please use some WD40 or something.Because if you simply put it away for the season after the big harvest .I`ll get it in september to fix because the trigger is rusted solid . :shock:
Jamie if it ain`t right, bring it in to excalibur and it will be made right .
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Doe Master wrote::) this grown man blowing into his trigger unit to get it to cock that one time .For I knew full well it was a one time deal unless I huffed and puffed again. :lol:
Your a better man then I Doe Master, I could just never say that in public.
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

:D Mike thank goodness there was no cameras . :D
saxman

Post by saxman »

Hope you get it worked out and stay with us DJ.
You can bet it will be fixed.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

deer jamie you asked and you got a response and an honest one,I have been lucky and have never had that problem but alot of us take our equipment for granted and don't perform PM(preventative maintenance)as much as we should.
The best things in life are not things!!
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

hum sitting here thinking how lucky you are deer jamie, Shot at the buck and hit him high in the back, then buck was back a half hour later and bow wouldn't cock, hum what did you do during that half hour with an uncocked bow? I move in my stand and deer run and I never see them the rest of the hunt. Sure under pressure you didn't leave the saftey on?
that buck seems to like pain, maybe it would have stood there while you run up to him with your buck knife. Sure he will be back again.
Guigsy

Post by Guigsy »

After reading the orginal post and a few responses, I thought maybe deer jamie was being misunderstood (as can sometimes happen over the computer). Then reading his/her repeated posts trying to defend himself/herself and some of his/her poor choices in words, i honestly feel that he/she thinks none of this is his/her fault. Deer Jamie, take a little accountability/responsibility for your actions. There was no need to say what you did about Bill T or Excalibur. Most of us understand sometimes people get a bit heated or worked up when things don't go according to plan, but when it's over and we start to calm down and think rationally most of us are "big" enough to realize we've done something or said something wrong. I think that's what most of the people here expected. It says a lot about an individual when they're secure enough to admit their mistakes and a simple apology goes along way!

I don't think there is anyone here wishing for you to disappear and leave this site, but if that's your decision, so be it.

Take Care!

Sorry for all the //// in this response, but I don't know if deer jamie is male or female.
Benu

Post by Benu »

cdup wrote: Take a moment to calm down if a problem occur before you hit the new topic button so quickly next time.
Deer Jamie, there is also the EDIT button on all your previous posts. I have used mine on more than one occasion. Nothing you say has to be forever, and you can always reword things typed in the heat of the moment. I do.

Also, look at it this way, with respect to your hunt, you are still better off than me. I saw only one deer this year, at 200 yards. By this time next year this will be just another good hunting story for you to tell your buddies.

And I even learned to always use WD40 on the trigger after rain (which I already did) but I will be sure to air blow the moisture out. Plus continue to store the bow in the garage during the season. A lot of good came out of this thread too.
Take it easy.

Jason

2008 Phoenix
Varizone Scope
mikej

Post by mikej »

Bill T wrote:I have 2 possible issues that could be at fault.
1) You hunted in rain recently and didn't dry out the bow, then cocked it at the beginning of the hunt while it still wasn't frozen. When you shot the ice inside gave way enough to release the string, but it was jammed enough with ice that it wouldn't recock. If you hunt in the rain ALWAYS dry your bow out and/or give the trigger a shot of wd40 as this sort of thing will happen!
2) Pilot error can occur in the heat of the moment. Lifting the string off the deck and trying to cock it between the scope mount and hold-down spring, leaving the safety on, not bracing the rope cocker.....lots of things.
Interior trigger problems are as scarce as hens teeth with our crossbows, and when they occur they are almost always caused by abuse or misuse. If your crossbow, at room temperature, is still giving you grief, please call us at 1 800 463 1817 so that we can quickly fix it. Otherwise I am going with #1 and advise you to bring the bow into a warm place and let it dry out a day or two, then give it a shot of WD.
Also, I get blamed for a lot of deer that get away and I'm honestly getting a bit thin skinned about it. We do our best to make every Excalibur owner successful and happy, but we live in a world dominated by Murphy and things do screw up on occasion. That said, an old proverb says that it's a poor tradesman who blames his tools, and there is some real truth in this in most cases.
well said Bill T i agree you have definately made this excal owner happy although i haven't been successful with it yet thats hardly your fault the oppertunity just hasn't presented it self yet thanks for making the best crossbows available anywhere
mikej

Post by mikej »

on a side note i have done just about every one of those heat of the moment scenarios at some point ( not yet with my excal :lol: )over the years
saxman

Post by saxman »

I pulled the trigger twice on my second buck only to realize the saftey was on.
DUHH!!!!!
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011