Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
DesertRat

Post by DesertRat »

Sorry, but I have to jump on the Bill T bandwagon here.

The fact is, you can't please everyone in this world no matter how hard you try. Some people just like to complain or hear themselves bitch. It was convenient on jamie's part though to keep saying he was an unhappy customer but then the truth came out about the mositure exposure. had you come on the forum and said "hey, this happened. anyone have any advice or suggestions?" . I am sure that within 3 posts the problem would have been figured out. Instead you chose to blame the bow and kept repeating how unhappy you were.

Now, I am not saying that Excalibur has a perfect product and it can't fail. Impossible when talking about moving parts and materials such as metal, fibergalss and whatever else there is. That said, I would argue that you are not going to find a company out there that would be faster and more concerned about fixing a broken bow faster than Excalibur should you have a legitimate problem.

As for Bill giving you a jab and making a "mackery" of you (as you put it), toughen up. The way I read that post was that he was half kidding. Why half? because I bet he probably is a little fed up of that one customer who no matter what, it is the bows fault, my boots squeak, my treestand is noisy, I am not scent free etc.. etc... etc... Look at it this way. Most companies out there you would not have the "grand fromage" (that's big cheese for all you folks that don't get french :wink: ) answering a forum posters question regarding a problem.

As for your Horton, I would stack my Excal against it in any competition. Accuracy, reliability, shootability, dependability and so on.
[url=http://avatars.jurko.net][img]http://img1.jurko.net/avatar_17947.gif[/img][/url][url=http://avatars.jurko.net][img]http://img1.jurko.net/725352.gif[/img][/url][url=http://avatars.jurko.net][img]http://img1.jurko.net/01.jpg[/img][/url]
deer jamie

Post by deer jamie »

i love my excal dont get me wrong i was merly asking why it jammed up and as you all can understand i was not happy sitting up in a tree in the cold after walking 1.5 miles through plowed fields only to see a really nice buck at 40 yrds and go to pull the trigger and nothing happens. And then after pulling it like my life depended on it i shoot high wound the deer get a second chance to finish him and then my bow wont cock. I dont care who you are i have hunted for 8 yrs now 5 yrs with horton super mag 1 yr with exocet and now i spend the money on the best bow out there and well you just read my story you must understand iam a little hot. iam sure moisture freezing was to blame for the malfuction but in 8 yrs this has never happend i get out once or twice a week do to family oblications and when oppertunity knocks the last thing i think of is will my bow fire. So i still feel excal are #1 iam just dissipointed.
Apple_Orchard

Post by Apple_Orchard »

May just be a turd hurler,... . :lol:
Last edited by Apple_Orchard on Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Benu

Post by Benu »

:oops:
Last edited by Benu on Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Take it easy.

Jason

2008 Phoenix
Varizone Scope
deer jamie

Post by deer jamie »

just to add i did call excal and they told me to bring it down to them and they will take a look great customer service no doubt. iam not here to demene then whats so ever iam just not happy about my circumstances . i could go on and on about all the sucess iv had with my exocet and my exomax all day like i said i had a problem with it and just wanted answears iwas not blaming excal for a crappy shoot i have made 100 good shots with it my circumstances were unusual and noone else seems to of had this problem it had me concerned there was somthin wrong with my bow eg,rust bad spring ect and untill i was told what went wrong i was blaming the bow it didnt want to fire or cock my finger wasent broken my cocking aid worked the bow didnt thats it just one of those things i hope never happens again!!!
deer jamie

Post by deer jamie »

iam trying to defend my self i ask for help and this what i get iam done with this site i c this happen to other members in different threads good bunch here untill the missconschrude what ur trying to say i like my bow it screwed up on me i know what happend know and thats it
deer jamie

Post by deer jamie »

apple orchard get a life man
deer jamie

Post by deer jamie »

tks benu
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

i haven't had any problems with my excal ...has fired and killed in minus 18Celsius...... i have a question how did u uncock the bow if the trigger didn't work .....that is a saftey issue as well ..let me know thanks .....
deer jamie

Post by deer jamie »

it did shoot i pulled like hell
deer jamie

Post by deer jamie »

i made a crappy shoot high in the back iam assuming because it pulled the front of the bow up when i was pulling the trigger i probly should have not of shoot knowing somthin was wrong but in the heat of the moment well weve all bin there.
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

deer jamie wrote: i was merly asking why it jammed up
No jamie, you were not merely asking why it jammed up. You were adding negative commentary that was not fair. That was the point I was making in my first post.

Look jamie, I know how disappointed you are about the buck. Your time in the woods is limited and a golden opportunity passed you by. Believe me, I know this disappointment. It has happened to you once. It has happened to me more times then I care to remember.

But jamie, you just have to deal with it in the proper way. And you will find that many here feel what you did was not appropriate. You were quick to blame and call out Excalibur before the facts were known.

I know why you reacted the way you did. Your emotions got the best of you. It happens to us all. And all of us here more then understand the way emotions work with this sport we all so dearly love.

Do I think you could have handled this better? Yes, I do. Do I think any less of you because of the way this thing went down. Not at all. I also get all emotional about bucks, just ask anyone around here.

But I do think two things should happen. First, I think you should use this as a learning experience and remember every single detail about your encounter with that buck. It will make you a better hunter.

And second, I think you should "man up" and tell Bill T you got a little carried away with your comments.

Just like you and me, he has emotions too.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Glad you got it figured out and are having it looked after, Jamie!

Hopefully you'll get another chance at that buck or an even better one! :lol:

I understand your frustration from not being able to get the shot off like you expected, but perhaps you jumped the gun (bow?) in your choice of wording in your initial post. Many people on this forum have experienced excellent service from Excalibur in response to issues - even the `self-induced`issues. As you can tell from some of the responses here, people thought you were being a bit unfair and you can`t really blame them for being offended. You can bet your Horton that Bill T. will make sure any problem with his product is resolved. :D

Looking forward to reading the story and seeing the pictures of your next deer!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
deer jamie

Post by deer jamie »

i used my horton as a comparisin because thats what i used thats all i have to compare thats what my fatherinlaw uses and what iam familuar with i didnt know if this is a common problem with excals i deff do not think my old horton is even in the same relm as a excal i really dont see what all the fus is i had a horton obvesly not happy with to buy a exocet i wanated more power so i bought a exomag it jammed while i was out hunting never had it happen asked a few questions i was by no meens deemening excals i was asking questions if bill would not have made his comment this thred would be over i dont feel i was at all out of line i thought this was a site to ask questions and maybe get ansewars and try and answear othe ppl not jump all over because they twist what you are saying some people have helped me oot and i thank you very much. But as for now no need to reply as i will no longer post on this site as i guess iam not good at wording like like yourself, opening doors for people to jump all over others like i said i have read other threads that seem to go the same way. Just a note to add mike although you come across very nicly in your posts i find you very arragant in your wording i figure you got a A+ in writing skills very clever take care all and happy hunting cheers!!