O/T Pistol ammo panic buying

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Sopchoppy

O/T Pistol ammo panic buying

Post by Sopchoppy »

I was in Walmart yesterday getting my rifle permit and the guy next to me asked for 380, sold out; 38 special, sold out; 357mag, sold out. The gal told him the only pistol ammo they had was 25 and 32 cal. and only a couple of boxes of that. She told him it started the day after the election. So far, no problem with rifle ammo.
Vortex
Gold Tip Laser II's
Slick Trick Broadheads
Viper X String
Groundpounder Mount
STS
Lumi-Zone
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Same thing around here. It was on the news last night that handgun sales at a local gun store were up by 45% since the election. I have considered doing my own reloading due to the high cost of centerfire ammo. Ya thinks it just a little paranoia :? .
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
BigTiny

Post by BigTiny »

I had been on the fence about reloading when I got the .45-70, but with ammo prices going up, I'm just going to have to do it. Not just pistol ammo, but rifle ammo for the .223 and .7.62x39 has been going up steadily as well.

The firearm market has exploded since the election. I'm thinking about taking my Saiga to the gun show in December. Those things have doubled in price overnight. I could buy a nice bolt-action with the proceeds.

BTW, my local Wallyword has federal ammo in .30-06, .30-30, and .270 for $13 a box. Still not bad. I buy a box or 2 every time I go in there, and I don't even have my '06 anymore.
Brother Model 80
Automatic Needle Threader
Overcasting Foot with Side Cutter
80 Stitches
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

You can really tell things are out of whack. This economy is in the tank. The unemployment rate is spiraling upward. And we are heading into the Christmas season.

I really like to go to the gun shows during hard times. And the ones around christmas have always yielded some tremendous bargains. You would think this would be a perfect storm right now and you would be able to pick up guns on the cheap as people need the money very badly and guns are one of the first things that are turned into cash.

But Noooooooooooooooooo! Everyone is so afraid of the president elects record regarding gun control that the price of everything associated with firearms has gone nuts. Guys are paying premium prices for firearms around here at the shows. And ammo is selling briskly.

I am actually thinking of selling some guns in this market due to the high demand and high prices. But only some low end stuff.

With the stock market the way it is right now, I have no qualms what so ever about cutting loose with some cash for some very high end collectibles, especially in the trap and skeet area of pricey imported shotguns. I am also looking at some very high end double rifles.

I think all this activity with "stocking up" is really quite silly.
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

Been going on here since the Election. I was told by a friend who works at the The local shop [ a good sized one] that sales went from 8000 a Day to 80 thousand and they cant keep enough stock and get it fast enough. Guns and Ammo

A smaller shop down the road futher and the same thing. He trys to close at 6 but has not been able to with all the handgun sales and paperwork that goes with it.
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Pistol ammo panic? What panic? I load my own...for all 18 different chamberings; including 6 'cats.
BTW, Obama can't do squat about guns unless congress goes along. They won't, politicians court votes not presidential bliss. Regardless, he's got enough mess to clean up after the Dubya that guns won't be only any short list for years to come ...if ever.
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

i was at gander mt the other day and they had lots of ammo left, not to got into witch brands they were all over 50/60 bucks a box of 20 pistol or rifle ammo....granted i haven't bought centerfire ammo in a long time since i went to flintlock hunting with PRB only....just bought some stuff to stock up fer awhile....

pound of 3f goex 22.00
box of 100 .535 hornady rb 16.00
100 pre lubed patches 4.00
1 yard of pillow ticking from walmart 8.00

total 50.00 bucks for bout 100 rounds compaired to 250.00 bucks for 100 rounds of centerfire ammo.................bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.