Bait, corn etc.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Dumbazz

Post by Dumbazz »

farmer54 wrote:I used whole corn back a couple of years age. The problem l had was that birds chipmunks and everything else would get into it. So l went to the Trophy Rock and it solved that problem. I have been using it since and have had great results. The web site is "trophyrock.com". Frommthe picture from the trail cameras we have had everything from fawns up to bucks coming to it. I get it from a store near Athens Ontario. The stores name is Gobble N Grunt. He sells it for about $25 a rock. I get about 4 to 6 months before l put out some more. The deer seem to really go for it. I just put some more out for the winter to help the deer to get thru. I don't think l well go back to corn.
That's a mineral supplement, not food though.
I come by my name honestly.
bobow

Post by bobow »

If all you bait you are not much of a HUNTER
NativeHunter

Post by NativeHunter »

bobow wrote:If all you bait you are not much of a HUNTER
Careful, bobow. Baiting is an extremely common and legal technique across the US and Canada. It is illegal here in Virginia, I don't do it, and I keep my personal opinions of it to myself. Baiting is toward one end of a broad spectrum that also contains such techniques as hunting in oak stands, hunting on the edge of farmfields, or planting food plots for the sole purpose of attracting game to hunt. Other debatable issues include the use of such modern equipment as crossbows with scopes, compound bows, rifles that allow us to stay hundreds of yards away from game, dogs to tell us where birds are at or to kick-up and chase game out of the brush, etc. If anyone can look at all of these hunting variations and then attempt to define what hunting is, I feel sorry for them. In the end all that happens is that hunters are pitted against each other at a time when we have enough opposition to our traditions from non-hunters.
Robert Gray
www.pamunkey.net
www.mpra.org
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

very well said NativeHunter :) :)
flbuckmaster

Post by flbuckmaster »

bobow wrote:If all you bait you are not much of a HUNTER
I havent seen you posting any monster bucks on here using your perfered method of "hunting".
jay
Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.