Bought! was: Question for the Excalibur Team -

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

subneural

Bought! was: Question for the Excalibur Team -

Post by subneural »

EDIT - gone and done it, I'm now the proud owner of a Phoenix package :)

I have a quick question for the Excalibur sales team: I want to buy a Pheonix package in time for the spring turkey season (April '09). Part of me wants to order one today, so that I can become familiar with it and have some fun at the range until the season starts. Face it - who doesn't want a new toy before Christmas?!?!

Are there any improvements or changes planned for the Pheonix in the next few months that would be worth my while waiting for? I'm not asking you guys to spill any company secrets 8) , I just don't want to spend $650 before taxes only to have "the next great thing" released in the coming weeks or months.

Much appreciated,
Last edited by subneural on Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

The current (and past) bows are all excellently crafted and reliable. I would buy now and enjoy the new toy :D .
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

One thing I'm glad about is this: Excalibur apparently doesn't do the "change for the sake of the market" thing that so many companies do ... tweaking the design of the product just so it will be different enough for a new year's worth of sales.

I respect that.

I wish the auto industry would take note and focus instead on quality, durable machines.
Grizz
Benu

Post by Benu »

I have a 2008 Phoenix and apparently the only way to distinguish it from last years model was the fact that it came with the 25 anniversary hat and a slight hint of red in the cammo pattern. If you want the hat, buy now, it is a nice hat. :D
Take it easy.

Jason

2008 Phoenix
Varizone Scope
wabi

Post by wabi »

Buy now and practice, practice, practice..............
wabi
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I'm an "I want it all and I want it now" kind of gal... so you know what I'd suggest! :lol:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
hetichunter

Post by hetichunter »

My state of Illinois will not allow anyone to use a crossbow unless you are disabled. I am happy they let people with disabilities use them.

But I want one so bad!!!!!!!

I just may have to get one for Christmas just to play with and shoot.

Every time I come to this forum i get all revved up about getting an excalibur.

Maybe I get one and take trips to surrounding states that allow their use until Illinois gets its act together.

I got it so bad I go to the trading post section first before coming to this section just to see whats available.

I don't want whats latest and greatest. I think a used Exocet just may find its way to my house in the near future.
If it isn't hectic, it isn't hunting!
subneural

Post by subneural »

Add me to the family :) Just bought the "Just Enough" Phoenix package. I'm picking it up and getting some range time this afternoon :-)
Rich

Post by Rich »

subneural wrote:Add me to the family :) Just bought the "Just Enough" Phoenix package. I'm picking it up and getting some range time this afternoon :-)
CONGRATS on the purchase, hope you have "just enough *ss" :D to string it up. May also want to pick yourself up a rope cocker and stringing aid.

Rich
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

hetichunter wrote:My state of Illinois will not allow anyone to use a crossbow unless you are disabled. I am happy they let people with disabilities use them.
Beginning this season Illinois also allowed anyone that is 62 years old and older to use one during any archery season. A small step in the right direction..
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

VixChix wrote:I'm an "I want it all and I want it now" kind of gal... :lol:
VC....That's what hubbies are for, to give it "all" they have. :oops: sorry I'm bad but couldn't resist.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
hetichunter

Post by hetichunter »

Woody Williams wrote: Beginning this season Illinois also allowed anyone that is 62 years old and older to use one during any archery season. A small step in the right direction..
I have forty years to go! I hope those steps become larger!
If it isn't hectic, it isn't hunting!
Benu

Post by Benu »

subneural wrote:Add me to the family :) Just bought the "Just Enough" Phoenix package. I'm picking it up and getting some range time this afternoon :-)
Congrats! Hope you had fun at the range. From the first shot, I knew my Phoenix was a great choice.
Take it easy.

Jason

2008 Phoenix
Varizone Scope
subneural

Post by subneural »

Benu wrote:
Congrats! Hope you had fun at the range. From the first shot, I knew my Phoenix was a great choice.
Thanks Benu - you're not kidding. I wanted to assemble it myself, but the shop insisted on assembling and sighting it in for me. I took my first two shots standing at the 20yd line, and my third shot while kneeling. All three went into the gold ring of the big target!

Along with the bow I was able to work a bit of a break on the rope cocker, the stringer, wax, and the soft case. Oh and a nice hat.

Thanks everyone for your input! I'm sure I'll get this smile off my face by the end of the week.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

bstout wrote: Many of us went through this same cr@p when compound bows came out.
Welcome to one of the most cr@p-free forums on the internet, Sub! :D
Grizz