Bolt ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mailman1

Bolt ?

Post by mailman1 »

OK, how do you put a regular nock on the bolt so it goes into the fletcher, like for arrows?
wabi

Post by wabi »

I use an Arizona E-Z-Fletch - the flat nock works fine in them.
I believe some fletching tools offer an accessory replacement for the nock holder that holds the crossbow arrow with an O-ring. Other members have made adaptors to fit their fletching tool. As for me, I bought an Arizona, then sold my Bitzenburger after I used the Arizona. Not as adjustable and precise, but it works fine for all my fletching - crossbow, trad bows, and compound!
wabi
mailman1

Post by mailman1 »

Without the nock, won't the fletching be more forward, like over an inch from the back? How far from the rear of the bolt are the vanes supposed to be?
gruntahunta

Post by gruntahunta »

i had the same problem, so I cut the nock of a vertical arrow, drilled it out a little then cut the threaded section off a damaged wasp broad head and glued them together so i can just screw the (v) nock into the Excalibur bolt and insert it in the fletching jig, it holds nice and snug and works a treat.
responsible hunters are true conservationists and game managers.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

There is a manufactured nock made for this purpose, costs about $1 and works perfect! The Arizona has a notch to accept a nock deep down in there, however, my testing showed that vane placement in that small of a variance has no affect on the arrows flight, with a crossbow.
I bought it to use with a Blitz, but like mentioned, the AZEZ works just fine.

If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
mailman1

Post by mailman1 »

Thank you, I'll try that
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I didn't know you could buy those gizmo's in Pyp's pic, so I made some in shop by drilling and tapping a few nocks. I never use them, free to first pm.
"Eze 18:21"
njxbow

Post by njxbow »

anyone know where you can buy such a nock?
whitetailseeker

Post by whitetailseeker »

I glued a 10/32 machine screw with 5min epoxy onto an old nock for a friend and it works perfect.

Whitetailseeker
Rich

Post by Rich »

I just glued a regular arrow nock on the end of a field tip. Then just screw the field tip into the flat nock.

Rich
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Rich wrote:I just glued a regular arrow nock on the end of a field tip. Then just screw the field tip into the flat nock.

Rich
that would be what I use also.. didnt cost a dime and works perfectly :D

mailman, you want to normally keep the end of the vanes about 1inch from the butt end. Give or take 1/4inch depending on your likes. But most are 1inch normally
rickyp

Post by rickyp »

"how do you put a regular nock on the bolt so it goes into the fletcher, like for arrows"

IF you are shooting bolts then you need not worry about fletchings. Bolts don't use fletchings.

What we shoot from a crossbow is an arrow. we use the same vanes, same shafts same inserts the only difference is the style of knock.

I use a aae3 arrow fletcher with the crossbow adapter it works great. the adapter is nothing more then the normal knock holder with a rubber ring in it to hold the arrow.

If you are using the insert style knock you can use an old field point glued into an old knock. If you really need one Shoot em an email I will be happy to make you one up and send it to you free.
njxbow

Post by njxbow »

i saw this on ebay. it's made by carbon express and is made out of rubber to slide over end of bolt

rickyp

Post by rickyp »

mailman1,
I made you the adaptor and it is ready to go out in the mail for you.
mailman1

Post by mailman1 »

Thank you very much