Can Someone Help......Please

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Ben S.

Can Someone Help......Please

Post by Ben S. »

I just converted from a reddot to a lumnizone scope. I can't get sighted in. I mean I do and then its out. I make the adjustments, it's on then its out. I'm talking one shot right on,the next 3 inches to the right and 3 inches high, the nextt 2 are left and high. Then its on then high. I can't get any consistancy. I'm shooting at 20 yds. using Grizztricks. I even missed the whole target (Block) completely at 30 yds(lost an arrow and a broadhead). Everything is tight and I'm sitting in a chair while I shoot. I don't get it.
maple

Post by maple »

Ben,

Put the Red dot back on and find out if it's the bow or the Lumizone.

If it's the Lumizone at fault, then it's a warranty issue.

Maple
dutchhunter

shooting

Post by dutchhunter »

you should be able to shoot three arrows in the same spot with out any adjustment try this shot three times with no adjust ment in between and see if thy will group close then tre to adjust the group to the point of aim .ajusting after every shot will nt tell you if your bow will group nicely and that is what you need to know good luck DUTCH
Ben S.

Post by Ben S. »

I did that dutchhunter. I can't get them to even group.
mikej

Post by mikej »

are you using the same arrow each time? is it possible that the arrow is bent or broadhead isn't tight
subneural

Post by subneural »

Are you using the string cocking aid or by hand? If you are NOT using the string cocker (or crankaroo) make sure you arent cocking off-center.
Ben S.

Post by Ben S. »

I am using the string cocking aid every time. I even changed the broadhead on to a different carbon bolt. Didn't help.
bradm

Post by bradm »

This happened to me one day, check to make sure your scope ring mounts are tight against the base. just hand tight should do just fine.
Theres a place for all gods animals, Right beside the mashed potatoes and gravy.
wabi

Post by wabi »

If I'm reading/understanding correctly you're sighting in with broadheads?
I'd recommend field points for the initial sight in! If field points group well then you know the scope is good and can try broadheads. If the field points won't group you know you have a scope problem. Could be the mounts, or it could be a faulty scope.
wabi
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

put fieldtips on and try again... could be the bheads

but my guess would be the scope rings or the rail itself is loose. I had those issues with mine and the rail that connects to the bow was loose
Normous

Post by Normous »

Ben,
Give me a call when you return from hunting.
Norm
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Tighten the bolts holding the trigger assembly to the bow. They hold the scope base in place too. I used (blue) LocTite to secure them as well.
Test with field points in case it is the bhead that's planing. Try Slick Trick Magnums as broadheads, they shoot same as field tip for me.