STS - Boo String

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Peach

STS - Boo String

Post by Peach »

Hi All,

I've been doing some reading on this forum for a few months now. Ended up getting a Boo String and Don convinced me to get the STS. Great set up. Bought the bow this summer and shot a doe in October and a nice buck last week.

I have a question with my STS instal. When not cocked, my string(Boo) actually sits on the sts bumper and when cocked, you can see 2 lines in the bumper where the string has hit after a few shots. Should I twist the string a few more times or is this ok? It is still dead on accurate, I flew an arrow through an opening of 12 inches at 40 yards to hit a buck exactly where I wanted...he went 30 yards before expiring.
2008 Equinox - STS - Boo String
Boo

Post by Boo »

Pull the rods out that hold the rubber bumpers and cut to accomodate your desired brace height. Measure twice, cut once. I have cut mine down so that you cannot see the rods. I found that the bumpers last much longer that way.
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c220/ ... G_2067.jpg
Some people just like stepping on rakes
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Big "DITTO"

I did as Boo stated above, and it works out great .... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Belt&Suspenders

Post by Belt&Suspenders »

Great tip guys, I am getting an STS for my Exomas and was wondering about that same thing. Thx for pointing that out.i
sipsey

Post by sipsey »

Mine looks just like Boo's, cept mine has got some mud splattered all around--Mine seems to be a mud magnet--it could be the 2 miles i ride through the swamp to hunt :)
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

I did the same , cutting the rods down.
Exocet 175#
Easton, 2216
2"vanes
G5 Montech 125g.
Boo String.