Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

frydaddy

How to make it quieter.

Post by frydaddy »

:) My exomax 225 is to loud. Is there anything i can do to make it
quieter. I think i saw on here where someone put expanding foam
in the rail. Does this work?

:?: What are the best ways? :idea:
Well i didn't wake up on the Coolen board.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Ear plugs. :D

Not much you can do, a good Boo string with the STS system seems to work for a lot of guys.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Boo

Post by Boo »

An STS and cat whiskers served onto the string. A wooden stock help a whole bunch as well. I think there is one in the Trading Post for sale.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
frydaddy

ear plugs

Post by frydaddy »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yep i thought of that, maybe i worry to much.
Because when you here the sound of exacal crossbow it's
TO LATE FOR YA. :o

Does the Boo string make that much difference?
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Yes, a Boo string does make that much of a difference.
The overall sound is decreased, but more importantly the vibration is dramatically reduced, and that gives the shooter a perceived notion of a quieter shot. It is one of those things you have to experience to understand.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
taureau noir

Post by taureau noir »

I bought a Bo string and it help a lot I install a homemade absorber, and now it quieter than a vertical bow
Taureau noir
---------Chasseurs et Pêcheurs du Québec----
http://chasseursetpecheurs.actifforum.com
[img]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j60/momo7132/LOGO/chasseur_pecheur2.jpg[/img]
Peach

Post by Peach »

I just bought the Equinox this year and after reading the many posts on this forum, and seeing my buddy's phoenix with the sts, I contacted Don Katsumi (Boo Strings) and asked him his opinion. I ended up buying the STS and 2 strings from him. I installed the STS and the string with whiskers and the bow sounds just awesome....you will not be sorry
2008 Equinox - STS - Boo String
frydaddy

Great

Post by frydaddy »

Thanks guy's for all your help. Looks like a boo string and sts are
in my future.
Bill T

Post by Bill T »

I know that everybody wants to go against the physics of crossbows and make them quiet enough that deer won't react when they go off. That said, compound vertical bows are way more quiet than any powerful crossbow could ever be, and deer still string-jump them quite often. It seems to me that it's a losing battle, where I hunt if a mosquito passes wind the deer turn inside out. Keep your shots close and don't shoot wound-up deer and the world will be hunky-dory.
M&M

Post by M&M »

I agree with you bill if you make reasonable shots at deer not on high alert your ok. I have actually never shot a deer with my xbow beyond 20yds and the arrow is usually through the deer before it knows its hit. M&M
stoop14

Post by stoop14 »

Bill T wrote:I know that everybody wants to go against the physics of crossbows and make them quiet enough that deer won't react when they go off. That said, compound vertical bows are way more quiet than any powerful crossbow could ever be, and deer still string-jump them quite often. It seems to me that it's a losing battle, where I hunt if a mosquito passes wind the deer turn inside out. Keep your shots close and don't shoot wound-up deer and the world will be hunky-dory.
I love the fact that the owner of this company cares enough about his customers to still interact with us :D
Equinox
Vari-Zone
Groundpounder Mount
STS
(hoping a boo string in the new year)
honker

Post by honker »

stoop14 wrote:
Bill T wrote:I know that everybody wants to go against the physics of crossbows and make them quiet enough that deer won't react when they go off. That said, compound vertical bows are way more quiet than any powerful crossbow could ever be, and deer still string-jump them quite often. It seems to me that it's a losing battle, where I hunt if a mosquito passes wind the deer turn inside out. Keep your shots close and don't shoot wound-up deer and the world will be hunky-dory.
I love the fact that the owner of this company cares enough about his customers to still interact with us :D

Was the main feature in my crossbow purchase in october... Along with it being Canadian made... Felt good supporting a company close to home with great support and service.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Sometimes we just want to make those suckers more quiet to make them more enjoyable to shoot! :)
Some people just like stepping on rakes
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

well you can be like my friend awshucks and myself be half deaf noise doesn't bother us
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

i picked up a boo string with cat wiskers ......made a world of difference then added sts ...not much diff with that but i still like the sts as it adds protection in case i ever dry fire it ...other than that maybe earplugs