string

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

blackjack

string

Post by blackjack »

hi can anybody tell me do l need to twist my string before putting it on my crossbow & how many times if l do or is it just enough to keep it between the 2 lines on the frame. best regards
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I think the string should be twisted, if the strands are straight it can "parachute". Anywhere between the lines is fine, but you will find your bow has one spot it likes best.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
pdislow

Post by pdislow »

i would twist the string until it is a little closer to the line closest to the trigger. after you shootit a few times it may settle in and be a LITTLE closer to the front line. i would not let the string get beyond the front line, so keep a check on it and have fun and enjoy it!
thanks philip
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

which string do you have BTW? The flemish needs to be twisted to keep between the 2 lines
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

crazyfarmer wrote:which string do you have BTW? The flemish needs to be twisted to keep between the 2 lines
hi it is the one that came with he crossbow sorry l'm new to all this but l have it sitting between the 2 marked lines with a couple of twists what is the diffrence between them. thanks blackjack
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

Pydpiper wrote:I think the string should be twisted, if the strands are straight it can "parachute". Anywhere between the lines is fine, but you will find your bow has one spot it likes best.
thanks mate