Glue for Bolts

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BryanOney

Glue for Bolts

Post by BryanOney »

Am I correct when I assume that Fletchtite only works for putting vanes or feathers on aluminum shafts where as Goat Tuff Glue will attach vanes or feathers to aluminum or carbon shafts as well as glue in inserts in both aluminum and carbon shafts. Thanks
Stash

Post by Stash »

The white tube Fletch Tite is not good for carbon, but the silver tube (Platinum) is.

Do not use the laquer based regular Fletch Tite for inserts.

There's also an instant Fletch Tite which is also suitable for carbon, and can be used for inserts as well.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Any of the "instant" glues like Goat Tough can be used on all parts of the arrow. But stick with gels (like Goat Tough).
Some people just like stepping on rakes
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

just be warned that its a PITA to get inserts out that have goat tuff on them. They are meant to stay in;) I screwed up 3 carbon shafts trying to get the inserts out. Seems the glues so strong it pulls the carbon fibers out :P
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

well i thought my goat tuff glue was going to be a winner. But there is always a but!. i use alum. i have used acetone and steel wooled the shafts even painted them. today i had 2 blazer vanes fall off while pulling my pack and quiver up in the tree. i had 3 arrows each with a diff 100 gr BH on it. the steelhead lost one the montec G5 lost one. only arrow i had left had a slick on it and all 3 vanes. i picked up the 2 vanes off the ground when i climbed down.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

dang, that suks... any clue of maybe the glue was old or had just went bad over time?

Im half way scared of the stuff since I came close to connecting my fingers together :P I havent had any issues on carbon yet, but its always a first
Real McCoy

Post by Real McCoy »

Goat Tuff makes a debonder to remover glue from arrows. Don't know if it is any good.
Southern Born and Bred
Exomax
Varizone
Groundpounder

A man who is good enough to shed his blood
for his country is good enough to be given a
square deal afterwards - Teddy Roosevelt