Oh boy did I have an encounter today with an anti!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

stubblejumper

Post by stubblejumper »

A couple of months ago, I was going through the checkout at the grocery store and had a hunting magazine in with the groceries. The checkout girl said "You hunt? how can you shoot a cute little deer?" I said I'd rather shoot it and eat it than hit it with my truck and have it wasted. She said she'd never thought of that and she had recently hit one with her car.
I explained that the meat was chemical free, not like the beef they sell, and she hadn't thought of that either. We chatted about hunting some more and as I paid for the groceries she actually wished me luck this season.
Back in high school me and some buddies were talking about hunting and one girl said "How can you shoot a poor defenseless deer?" and I said" I pick up the rifle point and shoot.At least they have had a chance to live a free life in the wild, not like the cattle your dad raises." Her dad had the largest feedlot in the county but she never thought it was bad to eat beef.
N8tr Boy

Post by N8tr Boy »

Sometimes you have to show them there are choices. We can't all eat green plants or we would have to shoot the animals to compete with the food. :lol: :lol:
Exomax
GT II Lazer arrows
125gr expandables
White Tiger 2" Blazer vanes
Chartruese Custom Boo string
Stricknine Expandables
Dabbling with Trad 55#
Mathews Q2 60-70#
Beman arrows
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Not even worth it. Bet she buys her own meat at Fortino's and is clueless about where that steak came from. Was she blonde??? :D

Funny how a few miles outside of a city can make all the difference. I was in a Tim Hortons, up around Owen Sound last month, and there were three women at a table talking about the deer on their property. I was interested so I listened in. They were talking about how the deer were eating all of their plants and shrubs around the house. One said "These things are out of control and I need to get someone to come put them in the freezer." :D

Funny how perspectives change in farming areas.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
bait pile willie

Post by bait pile willie »

I learned a few years ago not to wear cammo in public places.I used to hunt in west central PA. and it was common place nobody gave you the second look.But here in ontario we are in the minority and the least said the better.
bigsy

Post by bigsy »

Phoenix_Tom wrote:Let's just see if I got this: She's shopping at Walmart and calls you a redneck??? :shock:

Good restraint DT.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak." Ted Nuget

Wabi call to bring them close,
Exomax with Boo string projecting Big John bolts, to bring them home
saxman

Post by saxman »

enormous wrote:When Pydpiper wears his camo thong to Wal-Mart that never happens :lol:
Now I've got that picture in my head :shock: :shock:
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
huntfishfam

Post by huntfishfam »

I have had several people ask me, how can you shoot a deer? and I answer Draw, Aim , Release,
Sean
I hunt,I fish,I am
Get clean, lean and healthy with isagenix. I can show you how.
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

liaf wrote:I usually say I don't shoot Bambi I shoot Bambi's father.
I say the exact same thing. :D

I would say it was the woman who did not have any brains. You had a video game in your hands, and that is what I would have told her "It's a v-i-d-e-o game!!"
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

huntfishfam wrote:I have had several people ask me, how can you shoot a deer?
My response to this question is "easy". That's all I have to say. No need to explain.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
chris50362

Post by chris50362 »

Oh, My. Do you expect anything else from Wal-Mart clientele? Well, some of them. I was looking at DVD's years ago and this woman was looking for a DVD as well. She asked me if I had seen the Scarface DVD. "Yeah, I replied, it's over there. She then says, "my husband knows every f***ng line in that movie."

However, I tend not to go out shopping in camo as well. Unfortunately, others will pre-judge you. If it was me I would have smiled and said, "have a nice day". THAT will really get them going.

I had my car searched about ten years ago in March by CO's because I was wearing a camo jacket. I was walking on a snowmobile trail/hiking trail just outside Toronto.

It's sad but society does judge you based on your appearance.