question regarding scope caps

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

MPSNIPER

question regarding scope caps

Post by MPSNIPER »

I have an excalibur "max zone" scope on my exocet 200 and would really like to get flip caps for the scope. Does anyone know the size that I need for the front and back? I went to Bass Pro in Toronto last fall and the two people I was dealing with had little or no idea and ended up selling me the wrong ones. As it turned out I ended up with them on my .270 so it wasn't a waste, however I believe I'm heading to Toronto in a week or so, so I'd like to know the correct sizes beforehand?

-Thanks,
Michael.
"like a hound...he hunts in his dreams"
Phoenix_Tom

Post by Phoenix_Tom »

A little bit of checking and I've found that the Max Zone uses a #3 on the Eye and a #4 on the Obj if you're looking at getting the manually opened, clear Blizzard covers from Butler Creek. See LoneWolf's post.

If you're thinking of getting the red trigger spring-open style caps then I'd suggest taking a measurement of the scope ends and checking the size chart at GunAccessories.com. These caps are made for exact sizes and not size ranges like the manual caps.

I really wanted the red trigger type but I'd prefer them in a clear cap and I found that the trigger opening was actually pretty noisy for something being marketed as "silent."
Vic

Post by Vic »

Bass pro does not carry the caps. i found it much easier to contact george at the bow shop. i grabbed two pairs and he had them delivered in a couple days. # 519-746-8139.

Vic
MPSNIPER

Post by MPSNIPER »

Thank you Phoenix_Tom & Vic for the help. Greatly appreciate the feedback.
-Michael
"like a hound...he hunts in his dreams"
Stash

Post by Stash »

Butler Creek caps (sold at Bass Pro) are both numbered, and measured in millimeters.

Just measure the OD of your scope eyepiece and objective, and get a cap that's about 1 mm smaller for a snug fit.