Limbs ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Limbs ?

Post by vixenmaster »

which type do you find smoother shooting, mag tip or carved tip ?
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
mikej

Post by mikej »

it is probably personal preference but i find my exocet 165 smoother with mag tips than it was with carved tips
kennisondan

Post by kennisondan »

as a part of this post could you differentiate mag tips from carved tips ? I know I have the newer tips on mine.. what is the real difference ?
dk
life guard at the gene pool
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

i don't know the make up just the limbs tips mag tips are epoxyed on and the carved tips are that, carved into the fiberglas. the smoothness i find is a combination of thing used together.i find dacron and then Boo strings softer in shock specially used with straight riser & carved tip limbs & heavier arrows. the heavier the arrow the smoother the recoil of the shot.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

kennisondan wrote:as a part of this post could you differentiate mag tips from carved tips ? I know I have the newer tips on mine.. what is the real difference ?
dk
You have MagTips, as stated by smokepolehall "mag tips are epoxyed on and the carved tips are that, carved into the fiberglas" is they way it is and how you tell the difference.

I find the MagTip to be smoother shooting, however a lot has to be taken with this..

Such as arrow weight, xbow draw weight.. I really don't know the difference however I also find the BROWN/TAN replacement limbs to shoot quiter and smoother then factory camo limbs and have them as replacements on my older Vixen and ExoMag (200lb) Can't give you a reason as why but they are!!

GaryL .... :twisted:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
HW

Post by HW »

I believe that the older carved tip modoels did not have disapator bars and pads which may explain why the newer bows may feel a bit smoother.
Exocet 175
Boo String (Red&Black)
GT II's
2" Blazers
Slick Tricks
Dan Miller Mount