Cheek piece... has anyone bought one yet?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

theoldarcher

Cheek piece... has anyone bought one yet?

Post by theoldarcher »

I was playing witht he idea of getting one of the new cheek pieces that they have came out with for thier 2009 models. I checked my Phoenix today and it is one of the newer stocks that will take one but I wanted to here from one of you first to see if it was worth it. I like the idea of having the stock raised a little due to the scope but I didn't know how secure it will be on the stock. I ordered my STS and it should be here Friday so this is the last little add on I was thinking about.
ch312

Post by ch312 »

a 5 cent piece of copper pipe insulation works just fine and its nice and warm on your cheek :wink: :lol:
mikej

Post by mikej »

how do you tell if the stock will accept it or not
theoldarcher

Post by theoldarcher »

Yea, I thought about the pipe insulation but I hate putting tape on the stock…to sticky. Plus the hardwoods camo would look better. I know, I know, looks aren’t everything but it’s still new and it goes along with my OCD (lol). The newer stocks have a series of hash marks just above the trigger guard that run for a short ways length wise along the stock. If the stock has these hash marks then it should accept the cheek piece.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

theoldarcher wrote:Yea, I thought about the pipe insulation but I hate putting tape on the stock…to sticky. Plus the hardwoods camo would look better. I know, I know, looks aren’t everything but it’s still new and it goes along with my OCD (lol). The newer stocks have a series of hash marks just above the trigger guard that run for a short ways length wise along the stock. If the stock has these hash marks then it should accept the cheek piece.
Get one and let us know, Excalibur should know if'n it will fit.. and yup keep it looking NEW!! :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!