Compounds

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ecoaster

Compounds

Post by ecoaster »

Got a good bonus at work this year and I'm considering upgrading my PSE Nova. I have held the Diamond Black Ice and like it. I also like the Matthews DXT. I prefer the shorter axle to axle. 32" or less.

Is there a bow shop around southern ontario that carries either of these bows and will let you shoot them? I am not going to drop 1K on a bow I can't shoot a few times.

I'm heading to Kingston this week, so any where between Hamilton and Kingston I'm willing to stop.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
Boo

Post by Boo »

I think Bobby and Craig both own Black Ice bows at Gagnons. I would call them and ask that they bring in their bows. I am sure they would be all too happy to do so.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

my bro in law has the DXT.. its a great bow but I cant stand the vibration after the shot. Ill stick with my hoyt :D
huntman

Post by huntman »

I know BPS sells the diamond! I too wanted the DXt but decided against it. I am more then please with my Parker Blackhawk Xp!
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Thanks Boo. I may stop by there today on my way to Kingstion.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
greener

Post by greener »

ecoaster. as Boo mentioned I shoot a 2008 Black Ice R.H. 60lb.29inch draw hunting bow also a Marquis target 3-D bow. You are more than welcome to try them in our range at Gagnons in Oshawa. These are my personal bows and I love them. I shot Mathews bows for three years( Switchback XT and Drenalin) which are great bows as well. The Diamond bows are worth the look and are priced lower that the Mathews. I expect we will have the new 2009 Mathews in next week ( Reezan 6.5 and 7 ). 2009 Diamonds have also been ordered and will be in shortly. I can have the bows in the shop any day you may be dropping by just let me know in advance. E mail me at [email protected] or call the store at 905-725-5798 ext#3
wabi

Post by wabi »

Stopped in at a bow shop to look around today and they carry Bowtech and Diamond bows. Some nice bows!!!!
One thing I noticed was each bow had a tag on it that told the specs - draw length, exact poundage, and even specified the velocity with a specified weight arrow. Looks like they test & chrony every bow they sell.

Good thing I remembered the new tires for my truck will be in tomorrow or I may have been tempted to get rid of the cash in my pocket! :lol:
wabi
Boo

Post by Boo »

wabi wrote:Stopped in at a bow shop to look around today and they carry Bowtech and Diamond bows. Some nice bows!!!!
One thing I noticed was each bow had a tag on it that told the specs - draw length, exact poundage, and even specified the velocity with a specified weight arrow. Looks like they test & chrony every bow they sell.

Good thing I remembered the new tires for my truck will be in tomorrow or I may have been tempted to get rid of the cash in my pocket! :lol:
LOL! That's funny! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some people just like stepping on rakes