Your Voice

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Mike P

Your Voice

Post by Mike P »

I received the dreaded submission deadline email from Dan Hendricks telling me he needs my column by the 15th. of this month for the spring issue of HBM. I have a few things worked up so meeting the deadline will not be a problem. But it did give me an idea.

When I write for HBM I do not represent any manufacturer (although we all know where my loyalties lie) of any product or service within our sport. I represent no special interest group trying to further their goals save the obvious, the promotion of the use of crossbows for hunting.

What I do represent is every member of this forum and this forum alone. I do allow and give permission for pieces I have written to be placed on other sites but only if credit is given to the Excalibur forum. In a small way it is my contribution to expand our forum and bring in new readers/members.

I think it is only fair that you have a part in this process. Your voice should be heard.

Do you feel strongly about a subject? Is something bothering you? Would you like to see something brought to light regarding any aspect of our sport? Did you have a very unusual hunt with surprising results? Well brothers and sisters here is your chance. Tell me.

What would you like me to write about? It is your chance to have your thoughts or ideas placed in a national magazine. And of course, I would give you credit and sneak you into the article in some manner or another. All I would ask is that you stay somewhat on the topic of hunting or shooting.

I write for you guys. It is only fair that you have a say as to what you would like to see. So don't be bashful, hit the reply button and have at it.

And Boo, I did submit that story you gave me about the men's room in that sleazy southern bar involving awshucks and smokepole, and although it was deemed most entertaining, it was rejected as being inappropriate for the magazine.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Say what ? this doesn't look none too good. Sleasy Bar & restroom. Just what pray tell was said about such a place and thing and the ppl involved ?
Last edited by vixenmaster on Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Boo

Post by Boo »

smokepolehall wrote:Say what ? this doesn't look none too good. Sleasy Bar & restroom. Just what pray tell was said about such a place and thing and the ppl involed ?
Well I didn't think it was sleazy! :shock:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

smokepolehall wrote: Just what pray tell was said about such a place and thing and the ppl involed ?
It was no big deal. Boo was just telling me how you came up with your forum nickname.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Mike P wrote:
smokepolehall wrote: Just what pray tell was said about such a place and thing and the ppl involed ?
It was no big deal. Boo was just telling me how you came up with your forum nickname.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

I think we need some hot chick, maybe topless holding a excalibur bow with a boo string and some cowwackers in her quiver in that mag :lol: :P

just an idea :lol:
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Well my nickname came from my Blk. powder rifle shooting over the past 50 years. I didn't even go to that Sleasy Bar with them! :lol: i took one look at that Establishment and knew it was above my station in life.
My Mrs. wants to know how many wild women we had & what all went down ! :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Boo

Post by Boo »

smokepolehall wrote:Well my nickname came from my Blk. powder rifle shooting over the past 50 years. I didn't even go to that Sleasy Bar with them! :lol: i took one look at that Establishment and knew it was above my station in life.
My Mrs. wants to know how many wild women we had & what all went down ! :lol:
Well Mrs Hall, absolutely nothing happened once we chased Mike down and caught him! :roll:
Below is the picture of Mike when we got him out! Remember we had to drag him!
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c220/ ... 5496_1.jpg
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

LMAO!!! Does look like a drag mark to me.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Mike,
How about crossbow limitations?
I frequently hear people saying that crossbows are long range hunting equipment and hear comments about their power (they will destroy our targetsd if we allow them on the 3-D range).
A lot of newcomers to the sport of crossbow hunting think ethical hunting range is far more than it really is.
wabi
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

That photo gives a whole new meaning to " you know what chaps my a$$ ".
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Excellent idea Wabi! I certainly remember when I was not allowed to join an archery club because I had to shoot a crossbow and that was the excuse that they used for not allowing me to join, their targets.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

wabi wrote: A lot of newcomers to the sport of crossbow hunting think ethical hunting range is far more than it really is.
Great idea wabi!

And thanks for bringing us back on topic.

I blame no one but myself for the sophomoric behavior above. I threw out the bait.

I will admit to being there but this chasing down business is just not true. The picture only depicts the out patient surgery I had to remove the tattoo's that I found on each cheek when I awoke the morning before.

Lesson learned, never drink with awshucks and then visit the tattoo parlor.

But enough of this nonsense, let me hear more ideas!
saxman

Post by saxman »

How about how the crossbow is a weapon for all people not just diabled or young or old folks but everyone should be able to enjoy it to extend and enhance the hunting experiance.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Phoenix_Tom

Post by Phoenix_Tom »

raydaughety wrote:Excellent idea Wabi! I certainly remember when I was not allowed to join an archery club because I had to shoot a crossbow and that was the excuse that they used for not allowing me to join, their targets.
X2. There are 2 archery clubs in my area. One is vertical bow only - that's it that's all. The other won't return my emails or answer my questions since I asked about shooting xbows and what the general attitude was of their membership towards xbow shooters. I guess they're hoping that if they don't answer I'll just go away. :evil: It's too bad we're viewed by other hunters / shooters / archers as a lower form of life.