Does anyone own an X-Tender yet?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

TPM

Post by TPM »

does anyone know why excal didn't make the extender or the cheekpiece to fit the older models too? will they be making any?
I hope they do. I'm still puzzled as to why Excal would sell two aftermarket accessories that don't fit the majority of Excal bows out there. The biggest market for accessories are the current Excal bow owners and most of them are being excluded. Doesn't make a lot of business sense to me. :?
Perhaps we'll see versions to fit older bows in the future.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
mikej

Post by mikej »

TPM wrote:
I hope they do. I'm still puzzled as to why Excal would sell two aftermarket accessories that don't fit the majority of Excal bows out there. The biggest market for accessories are the current Excal bow owners and most of them are being excluded. Doesn't make a lot of business sense to me. :?
Perhaps we'll see versions to fit older bows in the future.
thats is exactly what i thought , the older stocks would have to out number the new ones by at least 2 to 1 maybe 3 to 1 out of all the excals out there
Bill T

Post by Bill T »

The reason we don't make an xtender or cheekpiece for our older crossbow stock is simply one of money, and how much of it we have to spend to tool up to mold the parts.
The molds to create the xtender are very complicated and expensive. There are 5 separate cavities and the geometry it pretty complicated. I had a heck of a time convincing the rest of the crew here that the economics made sense and that eventually the additional number of crossbows that we could sell because of it would justify the tooling costs. Remember, no matter how much we love our customers it's got to be about money, this is a business!
I have no faith that an Xtender for our old stock is possible, but if we get enough requests I can pitch a cheekpiece as it's only a one cavity mold. Other than that, if someone is set on an Xtender I can offer a good deal on a new stock to fit their bow and then they can add it on...........Bill
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Bill T wrote: if someone is set on an Xtender I can offer a good deal on a new stock to fit their bow and then they can add it on...........Bill
I like this idea a lot, especially the "good deal" part.

With the addition of "thumb hole" stock crossbows to the product line, this opens up some possibilities to radically change your Excalibur instead of selling it in order to upgrade.

I do not know if the "slash mark" stocks also include the "thumb hole" stocks, but I assume they do. I am sure someone here is capable of answering that question.

And now the big question, do we just call Excalibur and tell the person on the other end that we would like to order the "Excalibur Forum Good Deal Bill Offer" to receive the special pricing?
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

bstout wrote:
Thumbhole stocks do not fit the rail of a bow with a standard stock.
My joy was short lived! :cry:
Bill T

Post by Bill T »

Mike, you might consider spending some of your childrens inheritance and buying a thumbhole stocked bow for yourself as an option. Just my opinion though.....
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Mike P wrote:
Skarek wrote: So any Swede out there that need an X-tender? :P
My Swede has said for years that I need one.
Sorry, Mike ... they're just not available for older models! :shock: :P :lol: :wink:
Grizz
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Bill T wrote:Mike, you might consider spending some of your childrens inheritance and buying a thumbhole stocked bow for yourself as an option. Just my opinion though.....
Looks like it is going to come down to doing just that Bill. I guess I will have to pony up and buy my 4th. Excalibur, the Ibex.

Boo assures me it is completely normal to have this many Excaliburs so that makes me feel a little better.