New Vortex

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Houndsman

New Vortex

Post by Houndsman »

I just finished putting together my new Vortex and the Right Stuff package with the Vari-Zone scope.I had already ordered a Groundpounder mount and that is installed also.What a nice setup,very well made and fits me perfect.Just reading this forum for a couple of months helped me to make my decision on an Excalibur and the Vortex in particular.I have a couple of questions,probably more later.What would you think my velocity will be with the supplied carbon arrows and the 150 grain Boltcutters?Also I'd like to get one or two strings made by Boo.Is he taking orders yet and how would I contact him? Thanks for your help.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Nice choice. The Vortex is rated at 330 fps with a 350 grain arrow and a FFF string. Your set-up is about 420 grain. With the supplied string and a 420 arrow, your speed should be about 305fps.
Boo is in the trading post. PM him in regards to putting you on the short waiting list.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
killshot

Post by killshot »

Congrats on your buy. That is the exact setup I just bought at the end of Dec.

Shoot straight.
2008 Vortex 200
Vari-zone Scope
150 Grain Boltcutters
NGSS
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

congrats on your CB outfit, welcome
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
MNDeerHunter

Post by MNDeerHunter »

Great choice - I started with my first crossbow a Vortex last year. Added a Boo string and STS to cut down the noise. Very happy with everything and everyone here is very willing to help so just ask away.
Life goes by quick - so don't think about going hunting - get out there and DO IT!
Vortex
Lumizone
Customized Firebolts
Boo String
STS