Hawke Crossbow Scope

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wheelie

Post by wheelie »

nice scope, I like that.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I have seen that video on another crossbow forum, fairly informative too.
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3294490

Can we see pictures of your custom bows? :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I've been following this scope since it first appeared on the scene. I'm not much impressed by it AS COMPARED to the Zones.

I admit no Hawke hand on experience [why I've been following, duh] but I can't see any advantage to them, and in fact some disadvantages.

Why would one want a scope that a computer program will tell one where the poi's are when you can just adjust them to your liking via a Zone?

The reticules appear cluttered to me compared to the Zones. There's something to be said for being spot on at even ranges 20, 30, 40, 50. That means at the odd ranges 25, 35, 45, you can just 'bracket' the target w/ the even range aim points and it's a done deal.

All of that w/ carbon or aluminum, 100's or 125's or ? I don't want to half to deal w/ 27, 34, 39, yada yada yada.

Enlighten me, Hawkers!
"Eze 18:21"
derrick

Post by derrick »

Very Valid Points Awshucks!

1. The BRC software compiles data based on “All” the Hawke scopes that they make. The crossbow and Bolt option was just a huge bonus that helped me to nail an exact line-up. I like precision!
Sure you can go outdoors and spend several hours lugging around targets measuring tapes, chronograph (speed) tester, and what not, but I prefer to sit at the computer for a few minutes, sipping some hot coffee and trying out different input values to try to get the best distances based on different arrow weights.

2. The ranges dialled in 20, 32,44,55,67 .. are specific to the Bolt Weight I entered into the BRC upon writing the article! Also...Scope height has a great deal to do with the differentiating numbers.

If any of you are into heavy modifications on your Xbow than these data supplements will save you hours of frustration during setup or re-alignment!

Derrick
Liberty is not a spectator sport! ... Live each day as if it were your last...learn as if you would live forever. You never know when you’ll find yourself in a target rich environment!
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

derrick wrote:Sure you can go outdoors and spend several hours lugging around targets measuring tapes, chronograph (speed) tester, and what not, but I prefer to sit at the computer for a few minutes, sipping some hot coffee and trying out different input values to try to get the best distances based on different arrow weights.

If any of you are into heavy modifications on your Xbow than these data supplements will save you hours of frustration during setup or re-alignment!

Derrick
I am growing more and more confused..
I can set up a Vari-zone or Lumi-zone in about 5 minutes, regardless of the arrow combination. Same hole accuracy when I am done using the supplied chevrons in the scope for precise arrow hits at 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50 yards.
I read the first post a few times, and I do not understand what you mean by "heavy modifications", absolutely nothing that you have listed will have any affect on the arrows speed?
Any pictures of your modified crossbows?
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
WMU 91
Boo string
derrick

Post by derrick »

Listen Pydpiper or should I say Casper!

You are transparent in your comments!

Try to focus now.... I hope this will allow you to become less "Confused"!

Adding a leaper or extension and a second higher mount significantly classifies the setup as a heavy MOD. The values that ballistic data reveals will be completely different from grabbing an Excalibur Bow out of the box and slapping on their Veri-Scope, that is set up for inept individuals and people whom simply appreciate the forethought.

Furthermore...

This post was created by me to share some aspects of the Hawke Scope that I found Exciting, It's unfortunate that you are simple minded!

Also...

I don't respond well to people that walk up and say "Oh yeah, let's see, whip it out!"

I prefer private bathroom visits and don't like looky loos!

I don't own a camera anymore, and if I did, These Bows are valued and loved by me like a great love for a woman. If I had happened to mention that my wife looked good dressed in lingerie I wouldn’t show you pictures of her upon your request either!

After reading several hundred posts over the past year, I realized it was customary to state Name, Weapon Type and Gear! I simply opened my post by following the wriiten protocal.

So now....

Shew fly Don't bother me!
Liberty is not a spectator sport! ... Live each day as if it were your last...learn as if you would live forever. You never know when you’ll find yourself in a target rich environment!
Boo

Post by Boo »

Wow Derrick those were pretty nasty insults!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Long Trang

Post by Long Trang »

Derrick, you do realise that 99.99% of the people on this forum are "inept" because they use the "right stuff" scope package. Futhermore, you calling people "simple minded" for asking questions is worthy of a pompous fool. No social skills what-so-ever, get out and mingle more.

You sir, are an butt head. Thanks.
Last edited by Long Trang on Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Casper.. I like that :D

This "leaper" was never mentioned in your list of tactical bows equipment that can shoot around corners in the dark. I guess that is where this started getting confusing for me..

Being a graphic artist without a digital camera is a pretty tough pill to swallow too. But hey, I take pride in my "simple-mind", and also my apparent short arms that will not allow me to hold my bow around a corner "with only my hands showing". There are a few holes in your statements that I am curious about.
This is a hunting forum, we don't have "weapons", the ability to shoot around a corner is an odd comment, to say the least.

Then you say "These Bows are valued and loved by me like a great love for a woman. If I had happened to mention that my wife looked good dressed in lingerie I wouldn’t show you pictures of her upon your request either!" Yet you can find it in yourself to post somebody else's work on your very second post? Something wrong with that too..

I am guessing you are a computer geek who just bought his first bow, the Y2K, and I am also guessing you spend a lot of time on tactical firearm forums simply because of your "customary to state Name, Weapon Type and Gear" comment, I frequent several firearm forums, very few have that "custom". Many have dreamers though.

I am transparent, depth has never been my strong suit, but I know BS when I see it, your choice in terminology alone has said more than your words.

A tactical crossbow that can shoot around corners with night vision, come on, you have to admit, it does sound just a bit silly?

Casper.
WMU 91
Boo string
Boo

Post by Boo »

I wonder what DaGriz would have to say?
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

I can tell you that Mike P is biting through his bottom lip waiting for his self imposed mandatory time frame to pass before responding.
HW

Post by HW »

I can tell you that Mike P is biting through his bottom lip waiting for his self imposed mandatory time frame to pass before responding.
You and 99.99% of the rest of us.
Exocet 175
Boo String (Red&Black)
GT II's
2" Blazers
Slick Tricks
Dan Miller Mount
fogducker

Post by fogducker »

ahhhhhhhhhhh damm i missed the first post :cry: ..
what i miss?
if you dont stand behind our troops.
please feel free to stand in front of them
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

fogducker wrote:ahhhhhhhhhhh damm i missed the first post :cry: ..
what i miss?
Oh, nothing..
WMU 91
Boo string
Boo

Post by Boo »

Well we didn't miss this!
[img][img]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c220/ ... oobs-1.jpg[/img][/img]