Hawke Crossbow Scope

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Phoenix_Tom

Post by Phoenix_Tom »

Welcome Derrick!

Please don't mistake awe for knuckle draggery!

I consider myself a bit of a tweaker but I never would have even thought of around corner xbow shooting or 100yd shooting. That's wicked! I can't wait to see pics of your set ups.
derrick

Hawke Crossbow Scope

Post by derrick »

I was inspred about a year ago while researching tournament crossbow shooting. That's where I found out about achieving more accuracy and 100yd distances... You have to raise the scope!

As far as around corners... Guess it depends on what you're targeting, regarding a requirement or need!
Liberty is not a spectator sport! ... Live each day as if it were your last...learn as if you would live forever. You never know when you’ll find yourself in a target rich environment!
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Derrick - just curious, where are you from? US, Canada, elsewhere?

Also, I'm totally intrigued by the artwork in your avatar - is there a story behind it?
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Never mind Derrick's avatar, I am intrigued by Fork Horn's avatar! LOL! :D
Some people just like stepping on rakes
saxman

Post by saxman »

Welcome :D
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Boo

Post by Boo »

OK, apparently it was me that was the knuckle dragger!
I apologize for the comments Derrick. I guess what you do not know and it was unfair in me not letting you aware of this is that I am the one with a problem but I am not the only one! (TerryM!). As I type this my wife is harassing me for apparently owning 50 bows! The Biach has no idea! I don't have that many! She is sadly mistaken, it is far less than that. I guess you found that offensive but I really did not want it to be so. As far as the other guys they were just being themselves, we are pretty much like a bunch of cousins that get together and poke and laugh at each other. I hope you don't go away because it appears as if you have much to share as we all do as well. Again Derrick I apologize. Really, though I don't think it is a problem but my wife is frowning at me right now!
derrick

Hawke Crossbow Scope

Post by derrick »

A public apology is more than enoughto turn tides!

I appreciate your taking the time.

It's all good Bro! .... tell the wife!

Later Boo!

Derrick
Liberty is not a spectator sport! ... Live each day as if it were your last...learn as if you would live forever. You never know when you’ll find yourself in a target rich environment!
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Boo wrote:As I type this my wife is harassing me for apparently owning 50 bows! I don't have that many! She is sadly mistaken, it is far less than that.
Yeah, no more than 48 bows, tops... right? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Boo

Post by Boo »

VixChix wrote:
Boo wrote:As I type this my wife is harassing me for apparently owning 50 bows! I don't have that many! She is sadly mistaken, it is far less than that.
Yeah, no more than 48 bows, tops... right? :lol: :lol: :lol:
LOL! NO! Less!
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

WOW Derrick, Thats a nice machine you have there. Welcome to the forum, Its full of good people, with nothing but the best intentions. Its nice to have people like you who obviously know their stuff so that we all may learn. Cant wait to see pictures of the other bows!
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I don't think it is his bow Scott, he said it inspired him, not that he owned it.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
derrick

Hawke Crossbow Scope

Post by derrick »

By all means, welcome to the forum. I just saw that bow that inspired you yesterday on Matthias's site in Italy while searching for info on the Wolfzeit mount, that's one of his creations I believe?
Yes! I believe that was the name associated with the image! As I said, I was Inspired a year ago.

There were many other impressive MODZ out there but this was the look that appealed to me the most! It took a while to put my first one together... Canada is not Tactical Parts Friendly!

Derrick
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Pydpiper wrote:I don't think it is his bow Scott, he said it inspired him, not that he owned it.
Ahhh. gotcha. still, if it inpired him I would love to see his bow! It inspires me too i guess. Now wheres that black spray paint at?
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

So, where are the pictures of these custom bows?? :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
derrick

Hawke Crossbow Scope

Post by derrick »