Stringer Question???

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

deerdhunter

Stringer Question???

Post by deerdhunter »

Can someone help an old dog with a new trick? I have used the stringer with the hard round ends that slip over the limbs but now have one with webb belt on one end. How does this fit on the limb and not slide up the limb???
mikej

Post by mikej »

is that a new model? i haven't seen or heard of that one
deerdhunter

Post by deerdhunter »

The bow is a 2008 - so I think the stringer is a 2008 as well.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

i am curious is it an Excal new stringer ? is it a single loop on each end with cord simular to the molded plastic model ?
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Go to the main page Excalibur.com look up your stringer and then it should explain how to use it.... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
deerdhunter

Post by deerdhunter »

Smoke the one I have is white square plastic on one end & black web belting on the other.

GaryL - I tried to do that but didn't have any success - not to good with the computer.

I did do a search on the forum & read about an earlier version that used a pocket - so maybe that's what I have - I don't know.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

deerdhunter wrote:Smoke the one I have is white square plastic on one end & black web belting on the other.

GaryL - I tried to do that but didn't have any success - not to good with the computer.

I did do a search on the forum & read about an earlier version that used a pocket - so maybe that's what I have - I don't know.
Read that, the one they show is the BLUE one with blue plastic ends, not what you have.

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/demo/m ... ent_id=113

Yours should have a pocket on one end, slide that over one limb tip, the other end with the web should tighten down on the other limb. you then pull the string back until it latches, put on xbow string, have some one to help ya, hold stringer up tight then have the other person release triger. (WEAR A PAIR OF GLOVES JUST INCASE)

Don't know if yours works like above or not, but reads like it should. The web should be able to tighten down, if not then get your self a new stringer and play it safe!!
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
wabi

Post by wabi »

Sounds like the old stringer I have from several years back.
It has a nylon web (like seat belt material) pocket on one end and the plastic block with a hole on the other.
Slip the plastic block with the hole over one limb, place the other limb tip in the web pocket, and you're ready to tension the stringer. It works just like the ones with two plastic blocks, but you can only slip the string off one limb tip (with the block), and have to let the limbs down and take the web pocket off to take the old string off and put the new one on.
wabi
deerdhunter

Post by deerdhunter »

Thanks for the help men. Wabi you described what I have - I had figured it probably worked that way and realized you would have to let it down & take it off to change out strings. I was hoping I was figuring wrong. Thanks again for the responses.