STS AND GP MOUNT

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wildwindom

STS AND GP MOUNT

Post by wildwindom »

Does anybody have both of these on there bow if so can you post some pics please.
[img]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/1garywindom/bones.jpg[/img]
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

I know there are several on here that do Wildwindom. You need a new bolt just a little longer than what I normally supply for them to work together. I don't have a pic of anyones set up but if you look at the trophy room Warpaint has both on his bow. His groundpounder top plate is a little different than most also sporting a camera but the posts are still the same.
Why ride when you can walk!
cdup

Post by cdup »

Respect everyone, but fear no one
killshot

Post by killshot »

cdup nice bow. where did you bet the steady stick? Is that mounted in the sling hole?
2008 Vortex 200
Vari-zone Scope
150 Grain Boltcutters
NGSS
wildwindom

Post by wildwindom »

Thanks cdup just what i wanted to see!! Now where can i get the sts??
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
cdup

Post by cdup »

killshot wrote:cdup nice bow. where did you bet the steady stick? Is that mounted in the sling hole?
Got the monopod from cabela's.( polecat ) I ordered attachment bracket from stoney point off the web. It's a nice set up, but the rubber pivot pt. doesn't seem like it will hold up in time. I wouldn't recommend it unless you can't find anything else. The monopod attachment mounts over the existing sling bracket, but it does have a sling hole on the bracket so you can still have a sling on it. Stick and attachment if I remember correctly, ran around the $50 range for the set up.
cdup

Post by cdup »

wildwindom wrote:Thanks cdup just what i wanted to see!! Now where can i get the sts??
I ordered mine from bowhunters superstore,but that was before a few forum members had trouble with the service from them. Search sts on the search feature and you should fine additional info. on where else you may fine it.
Leonard Hawkins

Post by Leonard Hawkins »

just got mine from bowhunterssuperstore 2 days ago. I t only took 2 days to get here. Cheapest I could find . Hawk :)
Houndsman

Post by Houndsman »

I just mounted the Ground Pounder mount and STS on my Vortex this week.I found some ideas here on the forum and it worked fine.I bought bolts 1/4" longer than the ones that came with the Ground Pounder(the bottom bolts) and screwed them tight into the STS.Insert through the holes in the Bow and screw the Ground Pounder(threaded risers) onto them seperately.Then install the top of the Ground Pounder using the screws provided.I used Blue Loctite on the threads.It's very tight and nothing moves.I hope this is understandable.
Rocketman

STS

Post by Rocketman »

Does the STS system make a big difference in noise reduction? Did you have to cut the rods to get them the right length? I ordered one last year and discovered that they were'nt adjustable and I would have to twist my string up till the brace hight was at or on the near side of the first line on the riser. I think if the rods were threaded so you could just mount it and screw the rods in or out till they meet the string at the desired brace height this would be better. I sent it back so I never shot my exocet with them on to know the difference.
cdup

Post by cdup »

Yes, the sts makes a big diff. along with my boo string also. I had to cut my sts rods down around 3/16 so the string just barely touch.
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

here is my set up..................bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
wildwindom

Post by wildwindom »

Ordered the sts system today and finally got the blizzard caps for my lumi-zone.
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
Bayou Stalker

Post by Bayou Stalker »

bob1961 wrote:here is my set up..................bob

How effective are those cat whiskers? :lol:
Kendall
08 ExoMax
Boo String
GroundPounder quiver mount
Varizone
CrazyFarmer CowWacker Bolts (brass, 2" Predators)
Rage 3 Blades