saugeye fishing

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

hunter 740

saugeye fishing

Post by hunter 740 »

Any tips on catching saugeye's I'm laid off this week and plan on taking my dad fishing.I'm going to a lake spillway so the water is going to fast and rocky.
Huntz

Post by Huntz »

I use Dupont myself!!! :lol:
Politically Incorrect and proud of it!!!!!!!!!
mikej

Post by mikej »

dupont???
theoldarcher

Post by theoldarcher »

Yea, Dupont makes dynamite and several other long trolling inventions. (LOL)
Boo

Post by Boo »

Also called a CIL Wobbler!
Yeah, I know we're a lot of help. :roll:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Those TNT lures work like dynamite !
theoldarcher

Post by theoldarcher »

Jean (pronounced 'John') Beaudroux was widely respected as the most luckiest fisherman in the parish. He always brought in a big catch; and nobody could figure out his secret. The new game warden decided he was gonna find out just what Jean's technique was, so he bought him a few beers and finally talked Jean into taking him fishing with him.

They met at Jean's boat dock early in the morning, and were soon skimming across the waters of Lake Pontchartrain. Jean ran 'way up the lake and pulled into an isolated cove. The game warden thought, 'This place is so far out, nobody knows about it, so this must be Jean's secret.'.

Well, Jean, he reaches under his seat and pulls out a box of dynamite. He takes out a stick, sticks a cap in it, crimps on a fuse, lights the fuse, and throws the dynamite 'way out away from the boat...KABLOOEY!, and fish start floating to the top. Jean picks up his long-handled net and starts scooping them up and puttin' them in the icebox.

The warden was fit to be tied! When he could talk, he started in on Jean. "Beaudroux, you know that's illegal; and now, I'm gonna have to arrest you!", he shouted.

Jean reached in the box, got out another stick, capped it, fused it, lit it, and handed it to the game warden..."Warden, you gonna fish, or you gonna talk?".
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

The part of Illinois I'm from is on the Illinois river and host's a walleye/saugeye tournament each spring. These guys 'verticle jig'. They keep the boat facing upstream and even w/ current and wind to contend w/ their lines into the water stay perfectly verticle. They then bounce a jig w/ minnow or whatever off the bottom. Often times w/ a rod in each hand out of both sides of the boat. They use amazingly [to me] light weight jigs like 1/16 oz or 1/32 oz and can actually tell what type of bottom they are over, mud gravel, ect 30' deep. They only raise the jig/bait about a foot off the bottom, over and over and over.

This is of course mixed in w/ the trollers, the casters, ect.

When you check your minnow and it has no eyes or scales, you know you were close, lol.
"Eze 18:21"
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

That presentation is exactly what we use on the Detroit River in the spring. I keep looking @ my boat daily & can't wait for the ice to melt around here.........
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.