I keep getting these

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

maple

I keep getting these

Post by maple »

notices from a group of city folk(real link below) in Toronto, I think. Don't know how I got on their mailing list, but I'm having great fun with it. They seem to be an anti-hunting, anti-fishing bunch, who send notices of impending 'nature abuse' to ask their members to mount an e-mail counter attack.

Once I phoned them (her) to express a dissenting opinion and was told my opinion didn't count, since I hunt, I'm biased........ :shock:

Soooo, now what I do is, whenever they send me an e-mail with links to the MNR and MPP, or PM and ask me to complain about something on their behalf, I do just the opposite. If I disagree, I use the links to write to the authourities and commend them on their plan of action. Most recently, 1. the extended deer hunt in Ontario, 2. false science regarding deer densities, 3. the proposed cormorant cull, etc. etc.

I don't claim to represent any organization, but just take the time to point out to the gov't., the mis-information contained in the group's notices. It's not hard!! From what I understand, one voiced opinion represents thousands of un-voiced opinions (the silent majority) to the policy-makers. And I like to say my piece, one way or another......probably in many ways.

This is just one. Any others?

Maple

www.peacefulparks.org
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Never did, but good idea, just signed up on there mailing list
xbowkidd

Post by xbowkidd »

i just read there bit on "sport hunting", i don't think i could be on there mailing list. reading one sided propaganda like that really chaps me. i don't mind if people have opinions/arguments against hunting but i really hate when its all just slander mixed with poorly accounted facts.
Team Dryfire
bigsy

Post by bigsy »

xbowkidd wrote:i just read there bit on "sport hunting", i don't think i could be on there mailing list. reading one sided propaganda like that really chaps me. i don't mind if people have opinions/arguments against hunting but i really hate when its all just slander mixed with poorly accounted facts.
What, you mean berry and nut picking dosen't contribute $4 billion to the Ont, economy.... :lol: :lol:
"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak." Ted Nuget

Wabi call to bring them close,
Exomax with Boo string projecting Big John bolts, to bring them home
bukee

Post by bukee »

Maple good on you. I will have to sign up to.

Just make sure that if you are responding through there links that you make it very clear that you are pro-hunting in the subject line . Reason is they might just clump your letter with the rest of the freaks without reading it.

Amazing how they twist things, eg. cormorrants actually doing a good job by killing the trees where they nest because 'These trees eventually become “snags” providing habitat for a different array of wildlife such as woodpeckers and den dwelling mammals. Snags eventually breakdown into soil. ' They don't seem to state that a beautiful island becomes a dead zone, an eye sore, and a stink pile that would make anyone puke.
terrym

Post by terrym »

Good tip. I just signed up myself and will do my best to fight these latte sippin , birkenstoc wearing tree hugging hypocrites.
bigsy

Post by bigsy »

not sure but wouldn't a swelled member list look good for them as well...
"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak." Ted Nuget

Wabi call to bring them close,
Exomax with Boo string projecting Big John bolts, to bring them home
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

You may as well pee into the wind. These folks are into it because it's fashionable and their social circle. Not likely they will be swayed by logic.
ninepointer

Post by ninepointer »

This is just another one of Liz White's groups. The Peaceful Parks Coalition, Animal Alliance of Canada, Cormorant Defenders International are offshoots or variations of Liz White and her people, plus all urban pet-owners who donate their money without realizing that these PETA life member groups are even against pet ownership :roll: .
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount