Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

hunter 740

Post by hunter 740 »

I have to agree with Grizz Its the SAX MAN
huntman

Post by huntman »

my vote goes to uncle fester!

I would like to make a suggestion for next year. There should be three members ie boo, rj,_____ that come up with the three top pics for the rest of us to pick from. i think it would run smoother
mikej

Post by mikej »

huntman wrote:my vote goes to uncle fester!

I would like to make a suggestion for next year. There should be three members ie boo, rj,_____ that come up with the three top pics for the rest of us to pick from. i think it would run smoother

is it too late to do that this year? it really would narrow things down
huntman

Post by huntman »

I have no authority to make that call. I think since boo has run this from the start it should be his call. There are 11 pages of pics and most of them are n/a for this contest. This suggestion was only my 2 cents. I am pleased just to be part of it.
mikej

Post by mikej »

yes it is defineately boo's call i was just agreeing
Boo

Post by Boo »

The sole reason for the contest was to bring the level of everyone's harvest pictures up. My thoughts were that if the level did come up then both the successful hunter and audience would see a benefit for the small effort taken. I think that many take more rough pictures because of lack of exposure (excuse the unintended pun) to pictures that do more justice to the animals we seek. It is way too easy to carry a small camera and take a snap shot before gutting, transporting and hanging the animal and the results are stark to say the least. So if the more people involved the more get exposed. Just scrutinizing the pictures for the contest placement will enlighten some. If just a few people realize their gain through this contest then the few hundred dollars that I work so hard at making seems like a good expenditure. There is not one word here intended to belittle anyone or their pictures or their way of doing things, I only say what I said to make as many as possible realize they have an option.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
mikej

Post by mikej »

good point boo
fogducker

Post by fogducker »

huntman wrote:my vote goes to uncle fester!

i think its a simple system the way its set up..each member gets one vote..
all votes are tallied up..
the one with the most votes win top prize..
next runner up gets second prize..
and so forth..
its easy :wink:
if you dont stand behind our troops.
please feel free to stand in front of them
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I agree, it looks simple enough . . .however, we may have 4 first place winners and 6 second place winners.

I guess we could stretch it out like American Idol and have the judges keep bringing photos back for another look. :lol:

If there is a stock pile at the top, then maybe we should have a recast of votes on the top photos.

We just need to see how the results pan out first.

Everybody needs to vote!

Where's DrDan and "45"? I thought they would be all over anything to do with a vote. :lol: :lol:
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
saxman

Post by saxman »

Thanks for doing this don and for putting up the prize.
Remember
No good deed goes unpunished
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
terrym

Post by terrym »

Just a suggestion here to make this a little smoother. Looks like there is a short list by now so could a poll be setup with each name as an option? Also within the same poll thread the pictures could be attached. Limit posts to votes on poll only and it will keep it clean and easy to vote. We did something like this in the deer contest over on OTB and by keeping comments out of the vote/poll it made it easier.
And lastly, it's darn nice of you Boo and the other prize contributors to do this :D
Boo

Post by Boo »

Sorry guys, could you please keep this thread clear of discussions to make it easier on RJ?
Some people just like stepping on rakes
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I went through the pics twice, 1st time looking for a stand out, hands down winner. 2nd time, it came down to several. There were some nice animals I had to pass on in the spirit this is about. Here's a new one, but Doemaster is my winner in a contest w/ no losers.

Kudo's Don!
"Eze 18:21"
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

R. J.
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Woody +1