Picture contest vote

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Picture contest vote

Post by Boo »

Please present your vote in list form to make it easy for RJ to tabulate. RJ will only be looking for your number one vote.

I must say that the number of good trophy pictures has increased this year and for that I am very pleased. It certainly was not easy to pick first. RJ's picture is very polished but my vote for first is going to Rich and second to RJ. Smiles are free so throw them in boys, it makes all the difference and shows the joy of the moment! Also for me a gentle hand in holding the deer looks cool. The way Rich and RJ touch the antlers shows a gentle respect rather than lording over a victim. Enough out of me.

2) RJ
3) Desert Rat
4) Uncle Fester (last picture obviously)
5) Mike
6) Ger34
I must make mention about Doe Master's buddy. Doe Master's buddy looks ecstatic which really makes for a phenomenal picture. There are many more that deserve honorable mention. I started to list you guys but the list got stupid long. So I will just say, my hats off to you guys, you did well!
Edit, it is only my first vote that counts. The other five are honorable mention.
Rich, I don't know what to say but you have a very high respect from me and that does not come easy! I admire your honesty!
That being said RJ gets my vote for number one!
Last edited by Boo on Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:07 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Boo ... I agree , lots of great pictures this year !

1st off ... Congrat's to all the successfull hunters , regardless of type of weapon or quailty of harvest picture ..

2nd off ... so many cool pic's to choose from ... some great quality shots !

Boo wrote :
It certainly was not easy to pick first. RJ's picture is very polished but my vote for first is going to Rich and second to RJ.
Not exactly polished ! .. :lol: :lol: I remember that night ... I was excited to score a buck on my own property ... I put a few calls in to the crew to help with the dragout , but all were tied up ..

The buck dropped in his tracks from the spine shot , but he was in some tangled downfall part of the bush ...

My wife volunteered to support ... we drove down , I unloaded the game hauler cart ... walked into the bush and loaded the buck ... my wife led with the flashlite , while I navigated the game cart over the deadfalls!

When we got to the truck , we couldn't lift the buck and the cart into the back ... So my wife drove the truck while I sat in the back holding the cart as we drove back to the shop ..

I tipped the cart over , put my gear on the side of the cart and my wife snapped two quick frames with my cheap pocket camera ( she was in a hurry to get back in the house before I hung the deer to dress him out :lol: )

I didn't have to prep the buck , because he was hit high in the spine and bled within ..

The other picture I submitted was the walk up shot of the small rack Crab Claw buck taken with my Y25 ... has my gear ( climber , bow snow shoes etc. ) with it ..

That said .. The picture that caught my eye this year was the 1st in a series of two submitted by catcher ...

Everybody looks happy in that shot ... Shows , crossbow , arrow , game animal , successful hunter , kids getting in on the shot ... Nice all round winter outdoor photo ..

My vote goes to catcher ..

Remember guys ... If you have any " honorable mentions " , bold your 1st choice vote , so I can keep track of one vote per member ..
Last edited by R.J. on Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
Rich

Post by Rich »

Thanks Boo,

I'll second your vote. He is good looking, the bucks not to bad either. :lol:

Rich
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

A lot of good choices out there . . .I'm going to ponder it a while.

Rich . . .fyi . . my vote is for sale on ebay . . . :lol:
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Nocturnal

Post by Nocturnal »

Great pic's guys and gals! Heres my picks 1.R.J. 2.Jeeptag 3.Rich 4.Woody Williams 5.Saxman 6.opossum
maple

Post by maple »

This is hard!!!

I have a short list and am going to think about it for a spell.

Maple
frisky

Post by frisky »

Lots of good pictures. I looked for.....
1 Good landscape
2 Happy hunter
3 The game animal
4 Clean picture
5 Weapon of choice
I think this one has it all, plus early post date.
I fell in love with it, my vote..........ger34
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
fogducker

Post by fogducker »

deleating this ,as the deer was not taken with a crossbow..will choose another pic when i decided on the other two i have in mind..
Last edited by fogducker on Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
if you dont stand behind our troops.
please feel free to stand in front of them
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Thanks guys for getting the ball rolling ...

Remember , when Boo started the contest it was quote .. " crossbows only "
"I think you guys know what I want in a picture but this time crossbows only."
Some pictures look great , but I couldn't confirm if the animal was taken with a crossbow ... so if you have a picture in the 2008 trophy room thread , that doesn't have weapon detail , might be a good idea to add a quick note ..

I looked back at the original contest post and man there are some great prizes ! ...

Thanks to all that graciously donated !

Also , Please remember to bold your 1st choice ... it will make it easier for me to pick it out in your reply ( now that I have slow speed country internet , posts take longer to download ! ) ... Thanks

PS : Rich Wrote :
Thanks Boo,

I'll second your vote. He is good looking, the bucks not to bad either.

Rich
Are you voting for yourself ? ... or just confirming you are good looking and the buck is nice ... :lol: :lol:

Let me know ... I will keep a running tally throughout the thread ..

Good luck to all ! .. and more importantly , Congrat's to all the successfull hunters that took game during the 2008 season , reguardless of your weapon of choice and game spieces ! ... For those of you that put time in the field this year and didn't harvest .. well you have just added another year to your " Memories In the Field " !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

I cant vote since Im on dailup and cant get the pictures to load unless I wait 4 days :P

goodluck to everyone though
wildwindom

Post by wildwindom »

MY vote is for saxman for the pic of the buck he took on 9\23\08 its got every thing you asked for.Second place r.j.
[img]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/1garywindom/bones.jpg[/img]
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
Rich

Post by Rich »

As much as I hate to say, my picture that Boo has mentioned was a muzzleloader kill. I didn't state that in the Trophy Room because it was not a buck that was scored in the contest. I will cast another vote.

Rich
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

R.J,

Then scratch my entries and give fogducker another vote..

I thought "The Trophy Room" was for any "trophy" taken any legal way and I flat out I missed the "crossbows only" rule for he trophy photo contest....

Sorry..
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

:) I`ve spent the last little bit going through all the pages .There is some very nice deer ,turkeys and oh yes squirrels . :) Honourable mention has to go out to Korey 99 because of his kids,Diesel because it is Camerons first ,Catcher there with the two youngsters .
But my vote goes to .........Jeeptag because again it is the little one in the picture . :D
The little ones are our future !! :D
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Woody : No problem ... As far as I know , The trophy room is for all trophies of any game , any weapon ..

But Boo was promoting crossbow only this season for the contest ..

BTW : Great trophy shots of your deer and turkey ! ... Looks like you had another great season !
Last edited by R.J. on Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.