Archery Talk members

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I think it helps to just keep on explaining, you may not think it is helping, but it is. One thing I have noticed is those threads are a whole lot more tame than they were a couple years ago, and in a couple more years we should have a bit more headway.
It's a worthwhile argument.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
wabi

Post by wabi »

Stopped in and voted, but didn't comment.
I visit there frequently, because I like the attitudes there................
this was my first visit since July 2008. :lol:
Thought about commenting on the thread originator's intelligence since the word aloud was used instead of allowed. :roll:
wabi
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I got all fired up about this one, and then the internet went down. Its for the best because I think my first post there would have made me alot of enemies. Now I have cooled down and every thing I wanted to say has been said. Oh well maybe next time! I think Crazy farmer is right on the money. It comes down to ignorance and greed.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Nocturnal

Post by Nocturnal »

Sometimes we have to read between the lines.....for some,the Croossbow is the perfect scapegoat for their selfishness and greed!
wildwindom

Post by wildwindom »

The moderator closed the thread.
[img]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/1garywindom/bones.jpg[/img]
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
BUS314

Close for a mainly conventional bow site

Post by BUS314 »

RESULTS

They should be aloud during bow season------------ -123---- 48.24%
They should be for gun season only--------------------132--- -51.76%
-
mikej

Re: Close for a mainly conventional bow site

Post by mikej »

BUS314 wrote:RESULTS

They should be aloud during bow season------------ -123---- 48.24%
They should be for gun season only--------------------132--- -51.76%
-
it sounds like the results were getting to close and maybe they got scared :lol:
Skarek

Post by Skarek »

I have never understood this discussion. Isn't the goal of hunting weapons to kill an animal in an acceptable quick way? If you want tå go primitive. Why not have a "strangle a deer season".

I always get the feeling that people that are against crossbows thinks they have a more natural and primitive way of hunting. More pure so to say. I would say that modern day crossbow are more like their primitive crossbows than compounds are longbows.

People forget that we talk of live animals. They have the right to die in a quick way. I think modern arrows are ok in their quickness of killing for most animals (I must say that I'm a bit sceptic about the elephant killings). They way of delivering them should not be discusssed as long as they reach a good speed and can be placed well...

What is the reason for a special archery season (as we not have one)? Thought it was that you by quieter weapons wouldn't casue stess to the animals. By a silenced season they could live in peace for a bit longer time of the year.
mikej

Post by mikej »

Skarek wrote:I have never understood this discussion. Isn't the goal of hunting weapons to kill an animal in an acceptable quick way? If you want tå go primitive. Why not have a "strangle a deer season".
hoss tried that i don't think it worked out very well :lol: :lol:
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

First thing I noticed from the thread was the spelling error. Allowed not aloud. :roll:
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
mikej

Post by mikej »

ecoaster wrote:First thing I noticed from the thread was the spelling error. Allowed not aloud. :roll:
i don't think there is a whole lot of smarts flowing through there
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Oh, here is another crossbow "debate"..

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthrea ... 95&page=13
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Skarek

Post by Skarek »

Gaaaahhhh... Why did I even bother reading these threads. I just get mad...

Can someone please tell me what the crossbow has done? What is it's sin? A lot of bow shooting people hate them with all of their heart. Still no one have ever told me why...

Some say things like crossbows are for lacy people and so on. But this is just claims about the people, not about the bows.

I just wish I had heard one understandable reason why you should hate crossbows. For example, me and guns. I don't like guns because I think they are too loud. It's a reason that people can understand, even if they don't think the same. But a claim that "all gun shooters are lazy" is just absurd...
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

we went down the same road here when muzzleloader season was opened. The bow hunters were mad since it took away from their last 2 weeks of archery season and the shotgun/dog hunters got mad because it allowed stillhunters to get cracks at the bucks before they could get dogs into the woods

as said, its all about greed and just not accepting something new to benefit the sport of hunting.
mikej

Post by mikej »

i give up on these threads. it's like talking to a wall with these guys. if i wanted to see a bunch of kids whining and crying i've got a 2 year old that can be good at that sometimes. :lol: :lol: i guess that is different because even when she is whining she actually makes sense :lol: :lol: