scope

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wildwindom

scope

Post by wildwindom »

I LOVE MY lumi-zone and my vari-zone but has any body seen these hawke crossbow scopes. There nice looking scopes and you can get them in camo. I think i might try one. Heres the link http://www.hawkeoptics.com/us/crossbow/ ... sights.php
[img]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/1garywindom/bones.jpg[/img]
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
bait pile willie

Post by bait pile willie »

interesting range finding feature.
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Mine is "in the mail" as we speak. Cant wait to get my hands on it.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Hawkeoptics was the thread that led to this.
http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... hp?t=25503
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Rich

Post by Rich »

There has been some testing and positive reviews over on the AT site.

Rich
Real McCoy

Post by Real McCoy »

Cossack wrote:Mine is "in the mail" as we speak. Cant wait to get my hands on it.
Nice looking scope - looks interesting. Please give us your opinion when you get it and give it a try.
Southern Born and Bred
Exomax
Varizone
Groundpounder

A man who is good enough to shed his blood
for his country is good enough to be given a
square deal afterwards - Teddy Roosevelt
x-bowhunr

Post by x-bowhunr »

Hi wildwindom. I appreciate the info available through your post on the Hawke scopes and their site. I have been holding off buying optics yet until late April when Pa. makes its final scope ruling decision. I'm now considering Hawkes camo with illuminated circles even though it shows $180 as MSRP. I'm still also considering Excalibur's Varizone. Thanks for adding a good option to my choice list. :)
Timothy
mikej

Post by mikej »

i'm not sure how i missed that.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Ahh, the famous derrick post. I didnt know what scope he was refering to, but it looks good now that i see a pic. I still like my excal recommended scopes though. I dont like to screw up a good thing, however.. if you dont try anything new you never know what you might be missing out on. Let us know what you think about your new scope please!!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
x-bowhunr

Post by x-bowhunr »

bstout, I e-mailed Hawke to find out about the the parallax setting of their crossbow scopes myself. I was just anwsered back by Brad Boner from Hawke who said that he was just informed by his people in Germany that they are set at 50 yds. so any reasonable crossbow shot will be in focus. Brad also said that if there are any further ques. call him at 260-341-4307.
Timothy
bigsy

Post by bigsy »

I thought you needed a laptop or a spreadsheet or something for those scopes :lol:
"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak." Ted Nuget

Wabi call to bring them close,
Exomax with Boo string projecting Big John bolts, to bring them home
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

i tried the Hawke SR model & my findings were less than satisfactory. 1st problem i encountered was the red was dead but the green was mean! :lol: next my arms are short and a regular Excal stock is 3/4" too long. so to get the scope back enough not to stock crawl i could only use one ring, not a good deal! also the circles are etched and 2 of the 4 were extra line on outside touching. so it looked as if the line was doubled in spots. as too how it held up while shooting i have no idea. when the red element refused too work i just gave up on the scope & sent it back.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
fuzzy

Post by fuzzy »

Last edited by fuzzy on Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wildwindom

Post by wildwindom »

fuzzy wrote:Remember ; This scope is a fixed 3 power scope ( did not see variable anywhere on site) with a ballistic "drop" compensating reticle. Because the power is fixed you must match the arrow speed and arrow weight to the reticle. Not so easy. If your arrow does not weigh x grains and does not travel at x fps it simply will not match up. Thats where the variable power comes into play, one can dial the speed ring (magnification) to compensate for multiple arrow weights and speeds allowing for a more flexable tuning process. Thats why the Varizone scopes are just that :D
Thats true didnt think of that.
[img]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/1garywindom/bones.jpg[/img]
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I've been biting my tongue on these 'Hawke" scopes long enough. I'm all for a better mouse trap but, IMHO, this ain't it.

1st off, the reticules remind me of looking thru a screen fence. Way too 'busy'.2nd off, you tune the arrow weight to the scope to get even ranges 'on.' Excuse me, got that weight dialed in and ain't gonna change it for nobody.

3rd, what the heck do we need to kill deer at 20-40 yds? Minimal optics is my answer.

I like my 'Zones"' Good for 250-350 fps, so rumor has it.

If you are over that performance window, ignore this post.
"Eze 18:21"