Unbelievable - How Ignorant Can Some Be

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Fox

Post by Fox »

WOW, WOW, WOW

Fox news, you just dropped another notch, no idea how that is possible.

I guess it is time to head out to my horse and trade some beaver pelts.
Alaspan

Post by Alaspan »

I didn't know whether to comment or not as I'm still deeply upset by the clip aired on the news tonight. That 'apology' did not go nearly far enough. As we bring our brothers come and the take that final drive down the highway of heroes, I cannot help but think of those families, and the suffering they have, and will endure. Comedy has its limits and these idiots far surpassed it.
mikej

Post by mikej »

does anyone have a link to fox. what an outrage this comment is my wife currently has an uncle based in petawawa about to go over to afganistan and a cousin currently there right now it is tough for her to hear of things like the deaths of the soldiers now to hear coments for jacka$$es like this :roll: i can only imagine what familes of the departed soldiers must be feeling right now. i know most americans are good people and hold no ill regard for them at all but these so called americans should be ashamed of themselves
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

What a disgraceful , shameful display . This kind of mindless drivel is why I do not watch tv very often . I would not have known about it , had I not read it here .

Where does one write to give them an earful ?
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Whatever happened to real comedy instead of this absurd "shock comedy"?

There are no good comedians left. They will now do anything to get a laugh out of their followers.

Fortunately these two wont have followers much longer..That kind of talk will get them booted or people will start ignoring them.

As an American I offer my apolgies to the familes of the fallen and all of Canada.
Last edited by Woody Williams on Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
terrym

Post by terrym »

This idiot has done more in 3 minutes to erode Canada.USA relations than anything else ever. This idiot and it's producers should be fired. The only way to pressure this network is write the actual sponsers and advise them you will now be boycotting their products until the idiot is fired. This is revolting.
Phoenix
Boo string
Dan Miller quiver mount
STS
Varizone
[img]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f205/linderhof/iceage.gif[/img]
maple

Post by maple »

Mikej

The easiest way to send a note to Fox is through their 'report a news story' option. They are mysteriously well protected from receiving direct communication.
Maritimer

Post by Maritimer »

I have been a member of the Canadian Military for 30 years now. I have had a acquaintance of mine killed there a few years ago and a co-work who just arrived home after their vehicle was destroyed by a IED killing 3 and wounding him and the driver. He is now at home recovering from his injuries. I have never been more disgusted for I seen how it effects the families, friends and the community. Later on this summer my hunting partner will be going over to Afghanistan. I see how Canada as a Nation and the Canadian people are supporting our troops and I personally am so proud to be in the military and to be Canadian.

God bless all our troops both Canadian and American.
Last edited by Maritimer on Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/Maritimer/Junk/doggy2.gif[/img]
We did not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children."
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

terrym wrote:This idiot has done more in 3 minutes to erode Canada.USA relations than anything else ever.
Terry, there's no need for an "erosion of relations" ... the comments made by this individual, which were aired by Fox, were by no means representative of common US sentiment regarding Canadians.

You may be assured that the vast majority of average Americans respect Canadians and honor your servicemen, just like we do our own.
Grizz
B-Logger

Post by B-Logger »

No, I didn't see the stupidity on TV. And that is just one of the reasons that I rarely watch tv at all.

We do watch once in a while though. We watched the Super Bowl in 2008 and again in 2009. In between these we used the off button.
Keep smiling!
Dennis
mikej

Post by mikej »

Grizzly Adam wrote:
terrym wrote:This idiot has done more in 3 minutes to erode Canada.USA relations than anything else ever.
Terry, there's no need for an "erosion of relations" ... the comments made by this individual, which were aired by Fox, were by no means representative of common US sentiment regarding Canadians.

You may be assured that the vast majority of average Americans respect Canadians and honor your servicemen, just like we do our own.
same goes for us grizz. well said we respect your millitary as well as appreciate it if canada were ever attacked i think the us would be our greatest alli
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Oops!

Wrong message body! :oops:
Grizz
Tom

Post by Tom »

This board and others have shown what most Americans are like. They are not like the people that made those comments. They actually even apologized for the comments the others made.

The main host of that show did apologize saying that he did not mean to insult Canadians or the fallen soldiers. ........................... GIVE me a break, how could not his words mean those insults. How would the FBI respond, or even Homeland Security when someone states on open air that they wanted to INVADE Your Country (not Canada). Instead of sending them to your Cuba Prison which is closing down, lets wend them to Afghanistan. At least there they could do a job which they are very good at .......................... let them clean up the OUT HOUSES :twisted:
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
fuel80guy

Post by fuel80guy »

I read about this in the paper and im pretty disgusted.Since our canadian troops have been in afganistan i have seen the articles about our fallen soldiers and it never really sunk in because i didnt know anybody who had a family member taken.Last friday i got the news that 4 more were killed and this time it hit real close to home because a childhood friend of mine had his son killed.When i heard what happened on fox i just couldnt believe that in this day and age that people are so ignorant of there fellow countries.Im now totally against this war as it has become to real,,,what a tragic waste of our fine youth for a bunch of dark aged mountain people who the friggin russians couldnt defeat and all this just for access to surrounding oil fields,,,greed.
terrym

Post by terrym »

Grizzly Adam wrote:

I obviously didn't word this very well as I in no way think that our American neighbors "all" think this way. I would hope that there is some rage and backlash against these B team tv twits down in the USA also.
Phoenix
Boo string
Dan Miller quiver mount
STS
Varizone
[img]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f205/linderhof/iceage.gif[/img]