New Jersey Moves One Step Closer

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

aerostarp

Post by aerostarp »

THEY HAVE DEER IN PHILY?
Actually they do - but you are only able to get them with archery or the front end of your car. :lol:

Used to bow-hunt a lot in Southern NJ. Tons of deer and stocked pheasant too. Really enjoyed it. Gun laws were too restrictive for me though. I enjoy my 2nd. Amendment rights and occasional rifle hunting to ever live back there again. :x
Talltines

Post by Talltines »

I have been very involved in talking with the DF&G every month to state my support for crossbow inclusion. I called a lot.

SO when will they vote and for it to be official?? will it be after that meeting on april 21 or what?

Brian
Scorpyd SLP 165. For now but not for long
New Matrix 405

T/C Encore's MGM 14" 445 supermag
Gary Reeder 16" 41 GNR #2 Encore
Hobie Outback for hitting the Salt.

Too many hobbies and never enough time
Esox

Post by Esox »

After the public comment period ends in 60 days it will be accepted along with all the other ammendments and be enacted for this fall season....
There is a chance that it could be withdrawn for further review, but DFW has really done a good job in covering all it's bases and presented it such a positive light that I would be surprised if it doesn't get accepted.....

Of course, we are the state that despite all the biological, safety and management arguments currently does not have a bear hunt simply because it's too political..... but the crossbow argument is almost exclusively internal between archers, so I don't think politics can play too much in this issue..... Let's hope not!!!!
Talltines

Post by Talltines »

ESOX. I have been looking closely at this for a while and am glad its finally at hand so I can be all prepared to hunt with my StrykeForce this fall.

I am so upset about the Bear hunt too as I really wanted to try for them but if I really want to go after one I could always go to PA and try I guess. But even if NJ allowed I would have NO clue on where to go so I guess it would be like a needle in a haystack :cry: . Unless I live in North NJ I would not have any clue where to go and we both know thats 90% of the battle.

I will keep checking with the NJ web site to follow this farther. If you hear something first please post.

Brian
New Matrix 405

animal

Post by animal »

LETS HOPE IF EVERYTHING GOES GOOD AND IT PASSES ,AND ALLSO THAT UNLIKE PA WE CAN USE THE MAGNIFIED SCOPE ,I GUESS WILL HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE WHEN THEY HAMMER OUT THE RULES :?:
NECESSITY IS THE MOTHER OF ALL INVENTION

EXOCET 200
Talltines

Post by Talltines »

PA is changing the rules to allow magnified scopes. Passed first vote and just has to survive the second vote.
New Matrix 405

animal

Post by animal »

Is there any new info on this thread ? new jersey
NECESSITY IS THE MOTHER OF ALL INVENTION

EXOCET 200