Collections

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Mike P

Collections

Post by Mike P »

I collect some things. And I am willing to wager you do as well. The forum gets a little slow until Turkey season is in full bloom and that is still weeks away for many of us. What to do to fill the void? How about telling us all about what you collect and how you got started. And of course, pictures of the collections would be the cherry on top of the sundae. I think most of the collections will revolve around hunting so I have started the thread here rather then the other topics section.

I collect duck and goose calls. I started doing so back in 1978. I also collect long guns, both shotguns and rifles. Started doing that in 1980. But my passion is vintage sports cars. I started collecting them in 1990.

The Swede collects antique clocks. You can't swing a Boo string in this house without hitting one. And as she has been dragging me around looking at them for twenty years, I started collecting old Time Clocks, the kind where you punch in and out of work with a time card. She also collects McCoy pottery.

I will start the ball rolling with just a couple of pictures. I thought you might like to see my piggy bank. This is where I deposit any loose change I have at the end of the day. It is an old piece from the electric trolley's that used to run in Cincinnati. When you got on the trolley you dropped your fare into the top and the conductor could see if it was the correct amount and then tripped the lever in the front and the money drops into the machine and is counted and recorded. I bet some of the older members here remember this system.

It runs on six volt direct current and I have a converter to power it. I drop my change in every evening, push down the lever, away goes the change and it is counted and deposited in the strong box within the machine. I like the fact that it keeps a running total of how much money has been deposited.

I will post other pictures of some of the collections as (or if) this thread develops.

What do you collect?

Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I am a flashlight guy, here are some that made it to my office, the rest are stored in boxes throughout the house. In my job the very last thing you would want is a flashlight to fail when you need it.
Sports Cars were a close second though :wink: .

If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Boo

Post by Boo »

Nothing.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Normous

Post by Normous »

Boo wrote:Nothing.
Don has so many bows and arrows that he could hunt mechanically naked and still enjoy a grand time.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Boo wrote:Nothing.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There's actually a large amount of truth to that statement. There's nothing Don has that he wouldn't give to a person in need. So, in theory he collects, but, in reality . . .he is a giver.

However, I might need to get a second opinion from Karin. :lol:

Mike P . . .where did you say that collectable was located? :P I've never seen anything like that . . .pretty cool.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
dutchhunter

wooden carvings

Post by dutchhunter »

i have a few fish carved from wood that i have gotten over the years Image
these aare hand carved and very realistic DUTCH
addicted to canadian beaver
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

:D Mike that machine definitely looks neat . :D
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Let me see now. Well I have sometimes been known to "collect my thoughts" :lol:

Actually sometimes is an understatement, as I'm always thinking and comtemplating why the World "sucks".

I suppose if it didn't, we'd all fall off. :P
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Oh, and kids, I seem to be collecting kids.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

At various times I've collected pocket watches and guns. then, suddenly out of no where I got a collection of ex-wives which is pretty well where the other collections went.

Now, I just collect friends. They are cheaper than ex-wives, can be found anywhere and last a lot longer, lol.

A lot of you are part of my current collection, thanks!
"Eze 18:21"
wabi

Post by wabi »

My wife just told me this morning to stop collecting dust and get my a$$ out there and mow the lawn.
wabi
mikej

Post by mikej »

Pydpiper wrote:Oh, and kids, I seem to be collecting kids.
i'm starting a collection like that too :lol: :lol:
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

The only reason I still have these is because my grandchildren haven't found them yet :o I found these on the Potomac river on what is called shark island off limits now, Va, put stop to it to much tearing the area up good thing in my mind.

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
mikej

Post by mikej »

as a kid i collected stamps coins and hockey cards. now i mostly collect stuff i don't need that i think i'll someday use :lol:
mikej

Post by mikej »

those are some nice collections guys