Last nights fishing trip

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

FredBear

Last nights fishing trip

Post by FredBear »

Went out last night at the local resevoir last night with Kenton, and my new step daughter Taylor. We had some good fishing we were out for about 2 hours and caught 38 crappie. The final stats were Taylor 16, Kenton 3, and myself 19 :lol: I only show the stats because I won!! In fairness to Kenton he spent most of the night trying to snag are fish basket he some how managed to drop into the water with about 8 fish in it. He had it one and the line snapped. That's the breaks I guess. We had fun most importantly!!

When we started Taylor WOULD NOT grab the fish by the lip.

After about 20 minutes she insisted on lipping everyones fish! :D

Building her led on Kenton

We had to trade fish for the picture of are first double header. "I'm not having the little fish in this picture!" Taylor let me know!

Are way back to the boat ramp.

Heading for home!!!
mikej

Post by mikej »

nice pics
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
wabi

Post by wabi »

Looks like a lot of fun and a great time for all!!!!

Now...........
Sorry if I sound critical or judgmental - I don't intend this to sound that way, I'm just asking the first question that came to my mind!

Shouldn't she be wearing a PFD (life jacket) while out on the water?
wabi
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

wabi wrote:Looks like a lot of fun and a great time for all!!!!

Now...........
Sorry if I sound critical or judgmental - I don't intend this to sound that way, I'm just asking the first question that came to my mind!

Shouldn't she be wearing a PFD (life jacket) while out on the water?
Mike your absolutely right. I have been to laxed on her wearing it this year. She has gotten comfortable and i've lost my edge. Thanks for pointing this out!
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

I think she is an absolute Princess!

Mike P

Post by Mike P »

wabi wrote:
Now...........
Your right wabi. I didn't catch it. In fact the first question that came to my mind was why they let Kenton touch the fish basket in the first place! :lol:
jay73

Post by jay73 »

Cute pics, she definitely enjoyed it.

That would make for a decent fish fry...mmmmmmm.

Jay
wabi

Post by wabi »

Glad to see you read my comment and didn't take it as me being critical. :D

I have had my 9 year old son out a couple times this year (borrowed canoe) and I know PFDs are not fun to wear, but I insist he wear one.
I wear one too, not so much because I want/need to (at least in my own mind - being a US Navy veteran I've had plenty of training in water survival :shock:) , but to set an example for him. :roll: :wink: :lol:
I think in a normal "dunking" situation he would probably be OK, but you just never know when a kid will panic. Perhaps it's the bad memory from my childhood (1 of my good friends along with another youth and 2 adults drowned in a summertime swimming outing that went horribly wrong), but I just get nervous when I see a kid in a boat without a PFD.
Sorry if I come off like a stern old fart when it comes to water safety, but that memory from about 50 years ago is still strong in my mind. One day Billy and I were playing and having fun, and the next day Billy (and 3 others) were with us no more simply because of water - panic - and a lack of training/accident prevention.
wabi
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Great pictures, looks like a good family trip!
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string