Winter hunt

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

terrym

Winter hunt

Post by terrym »

Shooting pregnant does is a non issue as most are bred before the end of archery season now as it is. This is a herd reduction measure only and aimed at reducing the deer herd. If its needed I'm OK with that as you are better to charge money for tags and use the extra deer than have them die over the winter. The reality is deer herds are limited by the winter range's carrying capacity. In the North especially where deer yard up it is critical to not allow deer populations to exceed the land's capacity. I say if you need to, hunt em.
Phoenix
Boo string
Dan Miller quiver mount
STS
Varizone
[img]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f205/linderhof/iceage.gif[/img]
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

I agree Terry but some people whom do not have deer in their area later on ,thought it is not fair or needed .
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

It is a very area orientated decision, like Doe Master mentioned.
I see every deer for what it is, a deer. I don't look at antlers but I respect those who do. For me it is about the hunt, I have a tiny bit of faith in those who determine our quarry (MNR) I also like to think they use a bit of insight to make sure they are there for my kids to hunt tomorrow.
Misplaced faith? perhaps.
Geographical positions will prevail, I certainly do not have the background to determine if it is right or wrong. If it is legal for you then go for it!

Seems a lot of the big bucks these days are manufactured, treated as pets until those in charge decide it is time to harvest it, and that is fine too, if you are afforded that luxury.
For those who hunt deer on farmland, taking what comes along instead of what is handed to you, then that too is a trophy.
Herd populations can change in the blink of an eye, if you understand what is happening around you than you can take any animal you choose with good conscience.
Me, I will take a tasty doe over a wide spread any day, but that may just be my smashing through the bush experience talking.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string