why compuond bows should be banned from X-Bow season!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Undertaker

Post by Undertaker »

I ain't been round long enough, sure enough, but I am gonna use his satire in my letter to the Florida game Commision. Could it be any other reason for their policy of segregation and discrimination ? Me thinks get along is fine for you, but get along ain't just fine down here. It is high time their position is exposed for the discrimination it seeks to ensure perpetually on their fellow hunters.

I agree with the borg collective, but.....I see no foul in any technique I can bring to bear. Afterall, we know the truth, some know more truth, but we all see straight through the silliness of bows that shoot arrows being illegal during archery season- unless you get yourself officially declared incapable.

No other group is so singled out for special treatments under the law- are they ?

Perhaps my letter should be reviewed by these, the assembled wisened, prior to submission, but it will be hard to contain myself from ruffling the feathers of bigots. He did nothing more than condense the idiocy of it all.
Just an over informed newbie with a misinformation spreading disorder- and a Vortex
Bambiblaster

Post by Bambiblaster »

Send it to the Weener guy at Pa Game Commision thats trying to cut the use of CB's or shall I
EXCAL VORTEX
S5
VARI-ZONE
LUMINOCK FIREBOLTS
CROSS TRICKS
WYVERN QUIVER MOUNT
Treelimb 3-Arrow Quiver
Bob1961 Red Cocking Rope
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

just for giggles i put this in the xbow forum in the state forum i live to share with the xbow guys and all the compound guys were upset like little children that invaded the xbow forum....but us xbow guys never go into the archery forum to start stuff, go figure that one out huh?....the xbow guys thought it was true as all heck :lol: ...........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Hey, Bambiblaster ...

Where'd you get that avatar picture? :D

Had I posted it on here somewhere? ... 'cause I sure enough took it. That fawn was standing in our 'tater field a couple of years ago. Just found it on my photobucket account, so I know I've posted it somewhere ... just don't remember where!

No problem with your using it! You're welcome to it! :D

Glad you liked it well enough to use it! :P 8)
Grizz
Shotnbeer

Post by Shotnbeer »

I can remember in PA when a farmer ,or another hunter for that matter, thought that anyone who shot does was to be cast out or shuned. Now some counties have unlimited doe tags and the farmers and guys that were complaining before are buying tags up as fast as they can... and using them. I hunted the first blackpowder season in PA which was held on 2 state game lands for 3 days. Everyone thought we were crazy. Now the blackpower guys can't get enough. Bought my first crossbow for PA's first crossbow season this year. probably get some looks. Couple years from now, we'll all be buddys.
BryanOney

Compounds

Post by BryanOney »

Two other things that could be said about compounds would be:

1. Compound bows wound far more deer each year than x-bows.

2. When I shoot out of an average tree with my compound I can shoot about 300 of the 360 degrees around me. With a crossbow due to the horizontal limbs I can only shoot about 180 of the 360 degrees around me.
wabi

Post by wabi »

I know it's intended as humor, and I think it's funny.
It seems like most of the anti-crossbow fanatics are compound shooters, and lets face it - compounds are modern technology!
Trad bows and crossbows (other than the compound models) have been used for centuries so both should be considered "traditional" archery equipment!
wabi
STEELWORKER

Post by STEELWORKER »

bob1961 wrote:just for giggles i put this in the xbow forum in the state forum i live to share with the xbow guys and all the compound guys were upset like little children that invaded the xbow forum....but us xbow guys never go into the archery forum to start stuff, go figure that one out huh?....the xbow guys thought it was true as all heck :lol: ...........bob

I read that over there lmao
Big D

Post by Big D »

I have been crossbow hunting since 1996 and I love to crossbow hunt. I recently also got into traditional archery. I am shooting and hunting instinctively with a recurve bow, during the early pa doe season. I have found through my experience while talking to other traditional archers that they are puzzled that I hunt with a stickbow and a crossbow;however I have never heard a negative comment. I can not say the same about my experience with some compound hunters some of there reactions were negative. What was interesting, Is that most of these guys were the ones with release,drop away rest, special sights with a level and every other gadget you could think of on there bow. I appreciate all hunting weather it is with a gun, stickbow and my favorite x-bow. I think some of these negative hunters are uneducated about x-bows and shoot with all the extra aids on there bow to compensate for lack of confidence in the woods.
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

STEELWORKER wrote: I read that over there lmao
funny huh :lol: ....no sense of humor :roll: .............bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
sits in trees

Post by sits in trees »

bob1961 wrote:just for giggles i put this in the xbow forum in the state forum i live to share with the xbow guys and all the compound guys were upset like little children that invaded the xbow forum....but us xbow guys never go into the archery forum to start stuff, go figure that one out huh?....the xbow guys thought it was true as all heck :lol: ...........bob

bob, what forum would that be, i'de love to read some of that??
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

it got flushed, deleted, canned, tossed, ran outta town on a rail :cry: ...............bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
sits in trees

Post by sits in trees »

that figures..