BRACE HEIGHT

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

warningshot

BRACE HEIGHT

Post by warningshot »

i'm trying to put on the original string ...no twists and it falls just below the lower brace mark towards the trigger ...any twist and it will move farther away from that mark ...is it safe to shoot at this length until it stretches thanks
mikej

Post by mikej »

it will be fine to shoot, it will stretch into place just make sure it doesn't get too low towards the riser
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
Boo

Post by Boo »

That brace height mark that is closest to the trigger is referred to as the high brace height mark. You would be best to give it a few turns and let it "stretch" even if it sits higher than the highest mark. Take one loop off and while looking at the end turn it counter clockwise and let it sit for a day or two then start shooting. Endless loop strings that are as you describe need to "settle-in" for a day or two before shooting and giving it a couple of turns ensures that the serving is not loosened.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

Thanks guys...
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Boo wrote:That brace height mark that is closest to the trigger is referred to as the high brace height mark. You would be best to give it a few turns and let it "stretch" even if it sits higher than the highest mark. Take one loop off and while looking at the end turn it counter clockwise and let it sit for a day or two then start shooting. Endless loop strings that are as you describe need to "settle-in" for a day or two before shooting and giving it a couple of turns ensures that the serving is not loosened.
Right on as Boo states.. I will add a little here a
Always learning!!
Home fer now!